11

TWO DAYS LATER

See, I had a day left until Jay's little 'imaginary' deadline comes to a close, was I going to reimburse him by the deadline?

Probably, I'm too insistent on making sure that people get their stuff on time. 

I finished my work shift, heading straight to my car after I clocked out, I had to hurry and go to that exact store, find that exact blazer and get that exact same thing copied.

I sped home, only coming in for one thing, which was the blazer that was sat in my cloakroom, collecting dust. The store was quite far, of course, he just had to be so extravagant for what?

Nonetheless, I quit wasting time, and without even changing into any proper clothes, I head towards my car, throwing the jacket on the passenger's seat. For some odd reason, it still carried the strong cologne Jay had wore, it filled my car, so much that I had to open my windows.

Don't get me wrong, it smelt nice - but Jay wore it.

Having his blazer in my car, and going to go buy the guy something, was enough for me.

I finally ended up at that store where his blazer was from, I looked up, damn this store was huge. It was one of those high-end brands, the stores you kind of just pass by and admire through the window, all the stuff that's inside.

In this case, it looked like just a suit shop.

I entered, holding the blazer in my hand, and dressed in my work attire. I didn't really have much shame, besides, my name badge was on the uniform, which openly displayed that I was a surgeon, I think that was the biggest flex.

As I walked in, the few workers inside, dressed all in tuxes and looking immaculate, gave me a quite confused look, up until one of them approached me, his eyes darting to my badge.

Yup, that's right, surgeon.

He cleared his throat, flashing me a smile.

"How can I help you today?" He inquired, as I looked around.

"I'm looking for this exact blazer." I handed him the blazer, and he inspected the inside of it, checking the label and whatnot.

"Do you need a size bigger, or what? What is up with it?" The worker looked at me, perplexed to why I'd look for the exact same blazer.

See, if the worker can't even see what's wrong with it, I don't understand why I need to compensate Jay back, he was just doing this to be petty.

"No, I just want another one." I told him, blunt and straight. He nodded, not questioning me any further and heading to the back.

Meanwhile, I looked around, they didn't only have suits, but also wedding dresses tucked away in a completely different section of the area. I gazed from afar, staring at a beautiful dress, stood on a pedestal and glimmering.

I wondered if I would ever be able to wear one of those, maybe it's a little late in my life, but who knows, life can change in spontaneous, quick ways. Maybe tomorrow somebody would offer me the marriage of a lifetime and I'd be able to walk down an aisle with a dress like that.

The salesman came back, cutting me out of my thoughts and holding the exact same blazer.

"This one?" He asked me, as if I would know.

Either way, I nodded.

"Alright, come this way to pay." He guided me to the till, the other workers also reading my badge. Yup, that's right, surgeon.

I loved it when people asked me what my profession was, or whenever I was out in my work uniform, and they saw the badge that just stated.

LEE SARANG
M.D | SURGEON

It just made me feel like I was the coolest person on the world, even though there were millions of surgeons in the world.

"That'll be.. uuuh.. $499." The guy uttered, and I looked at him as if I didn't hear him right.

But despite that, I still paid for it, not questioning him upon it and just taking that stupid blazer and walking off.

$499? And it looks like a regular blazer that you can find in cheaper stores. Jesus christ, was it made by the creator of blazers himself? If not, then what was this price about?

I shook my head, placing the bag in my car and checking my phone. I had received another notification from Jay, god, wasn't he just so desperate.

jay: you have a day left ;^)

I rolled my eyes at him and that stupid winky face.

sarang: do you have nothing to do? are you bored in your little clinic?

I didn't expect an immediate response, but there was one.

jay: just thinking about my blazer.. you know i miss it more today

sarang: dude you're so fucking weird

sarang: did you hit your head or what

jay: you're asking me that?

jay: i think you're the one who sustained a concussion of some sort

sarang: okay you dont need to use that kind of terminology you just sound weird over text

sarang: no wonder your girlfriends didn't stay

jay: speak for yourself you're an adult yet you have had no relationships

jay: yikes