20

A WHILE LATER

I had fully glammed myself up, covering up all the sleepless hours of being a surgeon, and completely transforming myself into a whole new person.

His parents wouldn't be able to tell that I literally held an organ today. Not at all.

Speaking of which, a text appeared on my phone, none other than that motherfucker who claims he's not obsessed with me - but we all know he is.

jay: im outside

jay: i swear if i see you in those surgeon scrubs we are having a fight

sarang: beating your girlfriend? wow jay im sure your parents wouldn't like that

jay: you frustrate me

I smiled, knowing that I make him mad. That's the whole thing, I'll just annoy him beyond the point of tolerance, and then he'll quit the contract which means I don't have to put up with this anymore.

But meanwhile, I have to act like the perfect girlfriend.

I stepped outside, seeing Jay and his Porsche, he rolled the window down, staring at me as I stepped into his car.

He watched me, sit down, and he didn't cut his gaze off me for a good while. I turned my head to look at him.

"You're losing the bet, just saying." I shrugged nonchalantly, opening my phone as he snapped back to face forward, driving off.

"It's crazy how you can go from looking homeless to looking a little less homeless." Jay chuckled to himself as the edge of my lip curled upwards in annoyance.

I looked at him up and down, rolling my eyes.

"I'm not going to comment on you because that's just a low thing to do, and I'm not on that level of lowness yet." I replied, fully satisfied with my answer.

He gave a brief chuckle, yeah, this guy was clearly pissed with me.

He muttered something inaudible to himself, and then the rest of the car ride to his parent's house was mostly silence - with the odd conversation about how we're supposed to act, what we're supposed to say when questions asked and so on.

I thought his parent's house would be a little more humbler than his, but clearly not. Their house was huge too, smaller than Jay's but still a ravenous size for a house.

He parked his car in the drive, getting out hurriedly. I was about to open the door, up until Jay opened it for me. I stared at him from the passenger's seat.

"What are you doing.." I glared at him in disgust as he just stared down at me, a smirk forming on his face.

"Come on sweetheart." He was bound to overuse that nickname, I could just see it.

I bit my tongue, suppressing the anger boiling through my body. But nonetheless, I took in a deep breath and stepped out, walking towards the front of the building on my own.

There were two workers situated outside the door, I wasn't sure whether they were guards or what, but we approached them.

Jay suddenly intertwined our arms together, and I was about to punch this guy in the face. He's testing my boundaries now.

"Get your fucking hands off m-" I was about to put up a fight.

"Oh yes, I love you too sweetheart." He gave a grin towards me as the two men at the front of the door gave a small bow.

Okay, you wanna play like this, fine.

"Clearly you don't.. especially after you cheated on me... twice..." I spoke, pretending to sound hurt. The two men stood guarding the front door looked at each other, pressing their lips together in attempt to disguise their shocked looks.

"Oh honey, I think you've forgotten to take your meds today." He grinned, giving an unsure laugh as we stepped inside the house.

He glared at me, annoyed with what I just said.

"Are you being so serious? Cheated on you??? .. Twice?!" Jay was astounded to say the least, and I just gave a smirk, followed after by a chuckle.

"I couldn't help myself." I gave an angelic smile hidden with devious intention.

"I don't think I was thinking straight when I chose you, goddamn, what is wrong with me." He cursed to himself, pressing his fingers against his forehead as we walked around the house.

"That's my exact thought." I agreed with his words.

I looked around, the house was huge, and the interior design was absolutely breathtaking. I had no idea who did all of this, or how people could afford to live like this, but it was so beautiful.

Nonetheless, Jay walked me over to the dining room, our arms still interlocked. I looked at the long table, huge antique paintings, the renaissance murals painted on the tall ceiling outlined with gold traces.

Wow, this place was just wow. It was like a museum reformed into a house.

A woman suddenly hurried up to us, a beam on her face as she looked over at me, containing her squeal.

"Ah! Jay's girlfriend! Oh! You're that surgeon who saved our life, right?" She immediately recognised me, and I gave her a light smile.