27

I was still in a daze, completely baffled from my own self. I felt as if my own body had betrayed me. How could I do this to myself?

And I was so confident that I'd win the bet.

Okay, there's no way that was a remotely romantic compatibility, I was just checking if I was compatible platonic-wise. If that even makes sense - spoiler - it doesn't.

"Hello? Did you clock out?" Jay looked over at me, and I snapped out it finally, still feeling utterly disgusted with myself.

"Huh? What'd you ask?" I gave an uncertain grin, followed with a nervous chuckle.

"What's your type?" Jay asked, and he noticed that I was looking a little out of it, "Ah, wait, you've never had a boyfriend so you wouldn't know what you like or what you don't - let me think of an example, alright, think of the ideal boyfriend, if you could create a boyfriend, what would he be like?" 

The corner of my lip curled upwards in annoyance at that totally unnecessary comment, but regardless, I was in a state of thought for a while.

I could make any boyfriend in the world right now, any characteristics, a millionaire, the sweetest man alive, the most chivalrous and caring guy in the whole world.

So why was I thinking about Jay right now?

He's upright, cold and rude, sure, he's rich - but he's rich in a bad way. He's stuck up and a showoff, a tease who thinks he's funny - but he's really not. Someone I'd rather die than actually get with.

But he's also cute, and I guess he's sweet, he defends my name when I'm not around and actually seems like a decent person sometimes.

"A guy who's.." I thought for a while, should I just say what I was thinking, I decided to go for it - it's not like he'd be able to deduce I was thinking about him over my words, "who can do both. You know, one that'll act more of a super close best friend than a lovey-boyfriend, one I can joke with and act dumb with, but then again, one who'll defend my name behind my back and show me respect. The bare minimum, I know." I shrugged, giving a sigh as he had a smile on his face.

Hey. Why was he smiling.

I stared out of the window, wondering where the hell we were. Certainly, we weren't anywhere near my own house, nor were we near his house.

I looked back at him, and he just rest his hand on the nape of his neck, his eyebrows gently raising.

"Where are we going-" I asked, but before I could even end my sentence, he seemed to read my face and answer the exact time I asked the question.
"We're going to visit Eunhye and Seokhoon."

I glanced over to him, a little bewildered how he managed to just depict that. But nonetheless, I shrugged it off.

"Wait, why are we visiting them?" I inquired, shooting my head back to look at him as he pulled into a driveway.

"The wedding is soon. It's gonna be pretty big." Jay opened the door for me, and I stepped out, we were still looking like we were about to go to a ball.

Unconsciously as we walked towards the door, I linked my arm with his, literally just out of reflex. I don't know why my body did such thing, but Jay didn't pay attention to it either.

Up until Eunhye opened the door and looked at us.

"Woah, who invited Cinderella and her Prince Charming?" Eunhye widened her eyes at us linking arms, "Hold on why are you two linking arms?!"

I retract my arm faster than I have ever moved in my life, I think I almost gave myself whiplash with that speed, absolutely appalled by my own self.

"Oh my god, I think I need a drink Eunhye." I stepped into her house with horror written all over my face. Jay simply let out a chuckle from behind, Eunhye letting him in after I stormed in.

To my surprise, most of the friends from our reunion were already here, and thank god, there were drinks. I went straight to the table where they were all sat around, I immediately took the bottle of Vodka, just downing it from the bottle.

"What do you think Jay did now?" One of the girls, Go-eun, laughed, her eyes darting over to Jay who came into the room with Eunhye, just watching as I took in the remainder of the alcohol in the bottle.

"Me? I didn't do anything, it was her own fault." Jay chuckled, and I turned my head swiftly to look at him, glaring him straight into the eyes as he smirked.

All eyes were on the two of us, wondering what went down.

"I'm going to actually throw this bottle at your head Jay. Let me just get another drink." I grabbed another bottle of alcohol on the table, taking a swig straight from the bottle and placing it down. 

Oh your ass was going to get beat with this bottle Jay.