40

I had no idea what just happened. No clue, but despite that, I was kissing Jay, right now.

I pulled away, a heavy feeling situated on my chest, my heart was rapid, and my breathing shallow as I tried to calm myself.

His gaze on me, intently staring down at me as I looked to the side, wondering what triggered something like that.

I thought the contract stated no physical touch to this extent?

And looking over in our direction, Jay's father, with Hyojin stood beside him. Her smile dropping faster than lightspeed.

I was still in a state of confusion, a cloud of perplexion precipitating over me. What the fuck was going on right now?

The two just stared, Mr Park didn't seem to care that much - but the girl stood beside him, her face in utter horror and betrayal.

Shit, I'm fucked.

Mr Park walked up closer, whereas Hyojin just ran out of the building, covering her face. I never wanted to die more than right now.

"Come on guys, don't argue." Mr Park gave a heavy laugh, thankfully not knowing what the argument was about.

Jay gave a nervous chuckle, glancing over at me. I was still processing everything what was happening, this guy could've done anything but kiss me.

Ugh, Hyojin is so gonna beat my ass.

I could only imagine what was yet to come for me, just wait until word gets out that this was a contract - now I really do see my mistake.

In a haze of trying to be nice to her, I got myself - and maybe even Jay - in huge trouble.

"We weren't." Jay replied, clearing his throat as I just snapped out of my thoughts, looking at Mr Park with a light smile.

Jesus, my heart was going to beat out of my throat right now

"Ah, young love, I remember when I was like that with your mother, Jay." He gave a fatherly laugh, and I just kept giving the same continuous awkward chuckles.

"Uhh, can I excuse myself real quick? I have a phone call to take." I blatantly lied, and Jay looked over at me, clearly seeing that I was lying, but nonetheless, not saying anything because his father was right there.

He nodded, and as he did so, I sped out of the building, rushing out of the doors and looking around. The sky was dark, and a few people were outside of the venue, talking, chatting and whatnot.

Damn, where the hell is this girl at?

I frantically searched around the building, looking like an absolute idiot just going around in circles. I groaned, not being successful in my search for Hyojin.

I walked over to the side of the building, where it was dark and isolated. And to my surprise, a few sniffles were heard.

Among the dark shadows, I saw a silhouette, leant against the wall with her head in her hands. I quickly approached her, and she turned her head to look at me, through the minimal light present, I could tell she was frustrated.

She lit a cigarette, about to put it in her mouth. When the hell did she ever smoke??

I knocked the cigarette out of her hands, stamping on it with my heel as it fell to the ground.

"Do you fucking mind?!" Her tone was aggressive, but shaky.

"Jesus, never knew Jay was so precious to you that you'd risk your own health for him." I rolled my eyes, but after realising that I was probably being a little too harsh, I fixed my attitude.

She gave a 'pfft', looking to the ground in sorrow.

"Listen, I don't know how I'm even supposed to explain this to yo-" I wanted to try and at least give her clarity on the situation - I didn't even stimulate the kiss.

"No, you said you didn't like him, and said it was a mere contract. Those were your words. And I see you kissing him like that?? Was that stated in the contract too??!" I could get where her frustration was coming from - but she has to realise that I didn't expect it either.

"Hyojin don't make this difficult for me." I pressed my fingers against my forehead, giving an irritated groan, "I didn't initiate the kiss, I didn't expect it. I was arguing with him."

"Why did he kiss you then!!??" She asked me as if I knew the answer to that - I wish I did know, because now I'm conflicted as fuck.

"You think I know?? Hyojin, I wish I knew." I tried to reason with her, but she just shook her head, still wiping her tears.

I gave a sigh - there's no hope for consolation for someone who's whipped over unrequited love.

"You know what the best thing you could do right now? Leave." Hyojin spat bitterly, and I just stared at her, sharply.

"Jesus, just how old are you- you know what, nevermind." I muttered to myself, not even going to get into this. She was childish - yes she was, I saw absolutely - where Jay was coming from, "I can't just leave like this anyways."

"No. I mean leave Jay alone. Forever." She spoke in almost a demanding tone, and I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

She stared at me, not budging a bit from her cold expression.