42

A WEEK LATER

I was finishing my rounds in the clinic, it was a calm shift today. Surprisingly anyways.

Not much had happened with me and Jay after that celebration - and to my surprise, Hyojin hadn't struck me dead yet, so that was great.

I was talking with the nurses in the gynecology department, we were pretty close and often they came and helped me with stuff.

"So when are you actually heading to Italy then?" Eunchae grinned at me, her cheeks blushed - raising high as she smiled.

"A few days, I'll miss working actually." I laughed, looking down to the ground for a brief second, then back up at the two.

"You hearing this? She said she'll miss working, pfft, if I was in Italy, I wouldn't miss this place for a second." Joowon laughed, rolling her eyes as Eunchae shook her head.

"For real, you're actually crazy Sarang." Eunchae agreed with Joowon, and I just gave a light laugh.

"Everybody says that, but I do really like my job." I shrugged, a meek smile printed on my face.

"Ooh yeah, cause I'd rather be arms deep into someone's torso than be strolling round the cobbled paths of Venice, ugh, how cute." Eunchae clasped her hands together, resting them against her face as she imagined if that was her in Venice.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to bring you guys souvenirs. Fridge magnets." I joked as they stared at me deadly serious.

"You better not. I want a tall Italian boy in that suitcase of yours when you come back." Joowon scoffed, folding her arms as we all collectively laughed.

Before either of us could reply further, another nurse approached us in quite the hurry. She glanced over at me, a concerned look on her face.

"Dr Lee, Jay is requesting you." She told me, and I furrowed my brows lightly, wondering why he'd want to see me so suddenly at this time, and here too?

"He's here?" I was so confused, beyond confused even.

Eunchae and Joowon emit in flirty 'oooo's' by the mention of Jay's name. I glanced over briefly, giving them a glare before turning back to the nurse who nod her head.

So, with no other option, I walked over to the reception, where Jay was stood on his phone, looking quite agitated and frustrated.

He looked up at me, and woah, he was mad.

"Sarang." He said my name, and my name only. See now, that clearly meant I was going to die today.

"What brings you here?" I inquired slowly, and uncertain as he walked out of the building without a word more.

I followed him, we reached the side of the hospital building where it was mostly out of sight from receptionists and patients and whatnot.

I leant against the wall, a soft breeze grazing my skin.

"What?" I asked him again, staring at his clearly angry face expression.

"How the fuck did my father figure out that our relationship was a contract?" His words shot through my heart, and my face seemingly dropped.

I suddenly felt a nauseous pacing in my heart, booming out of my ribcage like a feral animal.

"What are you even talking about???" I knew what he was saying, but my head was in complete shambles at his words.

"Fuuuuck." He groaned, pressing the space between his brows with his fingers as he slowly paced around in frustration.

"Can you talk to me right now???" Him not explaining anything wasn't really helping the situation.

He stopped turning in circles, and looked at me.

"He asked to see me this afternoon, and upon seeing him - he told me that he knew everything, and how we weren't actually dating, and that it was just a contract between the two of us." Jay explained to me, "How the fuck would he know?!" 

The tone of his voice began to become slightly more agitated and frustrated.

Oooh shit, this was my fault.

I clenched my teeth together, an overwhelming sense of guilt coming over me. Damn, I knew that I should've just kept my mouth shut - of course Hyojin had to strike back.

Damn girl, it's not my fault he doesn't want you.

"I didn't tell him anything, there's no way you could've either. What the fuck happened Sarang??" Jay was probably going to grow devil horns if he kept staying so enraged.

I gave a sigh, looking down to the ground, fuck, I was an idiot.

"What Sarang?! What is it???" He noticed how I was acting, and as I gazed up to look at his fury-filled face, I almost didn't even want to say anything.

He's going to put me in this hospital himself if I do tell him - I can guarantee that.

But then again, there would be no point of me lying to him, or sugarcoating it - or even blaming it on someone else.

It was my own fault, thinking that I could trust Hyojin enough to keep a secret like this, only because I felt bad for her.

Finally, I spoke.