33

A WHILE LATER

I actually have no idea what Hyojin wanted while she was here, all I saw her do was make advances towards Jay, and clearly through his horrified face - he did not enjoy it.

I sat on the sofa, there were two in the room, I was on one, and Hyojin was on the other with Jay.

I glanced over at why she was giggling.

She was partially leant to the side, almost leaning onto Jay, her hands on his hands and messing with his fingers.

Oh, this is what he meant when he said she was childish.

"Look at our hand difference." She put her hand up against his, a huge beam crossing her face as Jay just blankly stared at her, not cracking a single smile at all.

"Hyojin, I have a girlfriend." He bitterly stated, and to which she slid her hand away, looking down and then over at me.

I pressed my lips together as she glanced over at me with the most upset look. She knew this was fake and she was still upset??

".. I'm not doing anything.." Hyojin spoke quietly.

Jay simply gave a sigh, shaking his head lightly as out of nowhere, my phone rang.

The two of their heads dart over to me - what, are they surprised someone is actually calling my phone? My life isn't that sad.

But it kind of was, I looked over to who was calling, and it was the Head of Surgery, Soohyun.

I stood up, excusing myself and walking away to where I wasn't disturbing them. As I walked off, I could hear Hyojin harassing Jay, I had no idea what she was doing, but I was betting millions that Jay did not like a single bit of it.

"Hello?" I picked up, wondering what this spontaneous call was about.

"Sarang! I'm so sorry for calling you when you're supposed to be off, but, would it be possible for you to come in?" His tone was quite rushed and urgent, and I furrowed my brows, wondering what was going on.

"Uh, what's going on?" I inquired, hearing the loud giggles of Hyojin from the other room.

"Stop Jay! Ah, you're so cute!!" She spoke loudly in between loud laughter.

I rolled my eyes, giving a light sigh.

"There's been a major accident on one of the main roads, a lot of critical injuries that need surgery, and not everybody in the hospital is qualified to do some of them. Sarang, we need you." He pleaded and I gave a light chuckle.

"We need you?" Okaaaaay.

"Alright, I'll try be there in around around an hour." I told Soohyun, and I could just feel his relief over the phone, he gave a quick shallow intake of breath, trying to relax himself.

"Thank you so much Sarang, thank you and I apologise for this short notice." He continually apologised over the phone as I just gave a smile, after, hanging up and pacing into the room where Hyojin was basically all over Jay.

She was doing that annoying thing where she was jokingly slapping him on the shoulder and arm, thinking it was cute.

Jay just glared at me, sat with his arms crossed, his face frozen into one expression and one expression only, a cold glare, jaw clenched and sharp eyes.

"I need to go, there's just been a huge accident and many people need surgery." I hurriedly told him as Jay stood up, frowning.

"Aren't you off today?" Jay did not sound satisfied with the fact that I was leaving.

"Yes, but not all surgeons are qualified to carry out with surgery for some patients. I am, and besides, I would rather spend my time helping others. Head of Surgery just called for me to come in." I explained, and somewhat, he looked even more frustrated.

I don't think I wanted to know how Hyojin was going to act now that she knows this whole thing was fake, and that I was leaving.

"Are you serious?" He was frustrated, he spoke quietly so that Hyojin couldn't hear.

I gave him a sigh, nodding my head.

"Don't miss me too much." I gave a smirk as he did not crack a single smile.

I began grabbing my stuff, and heading over to put my shoes on, as I did so, Jay came up to me, stood leant on a door frame and silently staring at me.

I looked up at him, wondering what he wanted now.

"You're leaving me with her? I know we don't get along too much, but this is too far now." He began complaining - a hopeful look radiating through his eyes.

I let out a breathy chuckle, finding this so amusing how badly he wanted me to stay.

"If you admit that you don't want me to leave you then I'll stay." I gave a smug grin, knowing he wasn't going to.

He glared at me, the corner of his lips raising in repulsion and disgust. He folded his arms, still intently staring at me as we exchanged eye contact.

"Don't leave me." Jay suddenly uttered the words I thought he wouldn't.