17

Heading out of my car, I made my way to the designated meet up spot. It was supposed to be just a standard cafe, but clearly, Jay was too much of a rich kid in order to settle in a normal cafe.

I walked inside, looking for that guy, and he was immediately recognisable. I sat in front of him, folding my arms as he put his phone down, looking at me.

"What is it." I stared at him, wondering why he needed me here.

"Damn." He muttered under his breath, thinking his words through, "Alright, promise to hear me out before you freak out."

I looked at him, confused to what he was talking about.

"Uh, okay.." I blankly looked at him, I could only guess what the hell he was gonna throw at me right now.

Before he could say anything, a waitress approached the two of us, a smile on her face as she held a notepad.

"Can I get you guys anything?" She asked, looked at me, and then Jay.

Jay looked at me first, a gaze that asked me if I wanted anything.

"Do you guys sell any strong alcohol?" I asked her, the poor waitress looked at me, giving an unsure chuckle. Jay kicked me lightly under the table, I turned my head to look at him, annoyed.

"Nevermind, just an iced peach tea for me." I rolled my eyes, looking out into the window as she scribbled it down.

"Make it two." Jay added, of course, he has to copy me.

As she left, Jay looked at me, bewildered.

"Alcohol, really? This early in the morning? Didn't you drive here too?" He gave a small chuckle at me.

"Yeah well, who knows what you might tell me, you're very bizarre." I defended my point, and he just gave another chuckle, knowing I was right.

"Maybe you should've actually gotten the alcohol, I'm a bit worried you might lose your mind when I ask you this." Jay gave a nervous laugh, fixing a bit of his hair.

I stared intently at him, really curious about what was going on.

"Seriously? What is it?" I couldn't deny that I was a bit nervous, it could be anything. 

The waitress came back with our drinks, placing them down and leaving. I took a sip of my drink, and the sweetness of the drink seemed to bring me back to life.

"So, you know, my father had that accident right." Jay started, and I just nodded, really having no clue where this was going.

"Yeah.. so..?"

"Well, you know he's part of the medicine board, and then he owns that company too." Jay was just flexing on me for what.

"Did you call me here just to show how good your life is?" I scoffed, unbelievable guy.

"God, would you let me finish my sentence? You're making me rethink my decision." He rolled his eyes, groaning at me interrupting his sentences every five seconds.

"Alright alright, my bad, continue." I kept sipping on my drink.

"So, I'm next in line for inheriting his company, however, my father said he'd back down now, and hand the company over to me, under one circumstance." He was building the suspense, and I was curious now.

"What is it? You sound very mysterious." I gave a small laugh, taking another sip from the straw.

"He stated that in order for me to claim the company, I have to have a girlfriend for longer than three months, or get married. Or have a child, but that is completely crossed out." Jay added, giving a sigh.

"Aw, what a shame that you repel every girl ever." I laughed, not really feeling bad at all. Must suck to suck.

"You're very funny, besides, you can't talk much." He glared at me, the corner of his lip curling at my comment.

"I don't really care if I end up single or not, so, you're in a little bit of a dilemma." I shrugged at his reply.

"Yes, exactly. That's why I need your help." Jay mentioned, and I looked up at him, worried about where this was going, "Sarang, I think I hate you the most in the world - but will you be my girlfriend?"

I almost spat out my tea all over him. I covered my mouth, swallowing the liquid in a hurry, which caused me to choke and start coughing. I finally got a grip of myself, looking at him, completely in shock and speechlessness.

"I beg your pardon? Are you sober? What is going on. Where are the cameras?" I looked around the cafe frantically, thinking this was some funny set up.

Jay stared at me, pressing his lips together.

"Seriously?" He groaned at my sudden reaction, "I haven't even explained anything to you."

"You think I need this explaining? The answer is no. No Jay. Absolutely not." I was insistent on my answer, and he just rolled his eyes, letting me talk and calm down.

He suddenly pulled out a file.