15

I made my way over to the reception, where one of my closest hospital friends worked. She gave me a meek smile, noticing how tired I was.

"Did he kill you or no?" Jihyun asked me.

I shook my head, giving a loud 'pshhh' as I leant on the desk.

"Thankfully not, damn, the sleep I'm gonna have tonight will be groundbreaking." I chuckled, only being able to think about the comfort of my own bed, and how well rested I'm going to be the following morning.

"Trust me, I can already see you hibernating like a bear for a good day or maybe even two." She giggled, I nodded my head, a small smile across my face as I agreed.

"Exactly. Anyways, gonna go finish my rounds and go home, have fun on the night shift." I winked, making fun of her and that she had to stay up all night doing this while I'd be having the sleep of my life.

"Ugh, don't even mention it." She groaned as I chuckled, walking off.

I made my way back to the VIP department, this time, I have to check on Jay's mother.

I still couldn't believe both his parents were struck by a truck, this is what I mean when life is spontaneous and can turn so randomly.

You never know, maybe I really will be proposed to tomorrow.

I quietly entered the room, she was awake, staring outside of the window up until she heard me come in. I smiled lightly as I approached her.

"Hello, Mrs Park, correct?" I asked her as she gently nodded, staring at my face. I pulled a stool towards me, sitting beside her.

"How is my husband, please tell me he is alive, please doctor, I can't lose him." Her voice shook, and in her eyes, despite being tired, you could tell she was hopeful.

"Yes, about that, I am the surgeon who operated on your husband." I started, and the look on her face made it seem like I was going to tell her bad news, she seemed to be on the brink of tears already, "He fortunately has made it out alive, a very long and complicated surgery, however, he managed to pull through and is recovering very quickly just opposite your room." I smiled.

Her eyes became teary, and she sat up, pulling me into a hug. It was a tight one, she wept on my shoulder as she held me in her arms. I had no idea what to do, but to just sit there and take it.

I put my hand on her back, patting her lightly as she sobbed. The door suddenly opened which caused her to pull away from me.

"Oh Jay, she saved your father's life, he's doing alright." She wiped her eyes. I clenched my teeth together, damn it, this guy was seriously everywhere.

I took a deep breath in, messing with the edge of my clipboard, refusing to turn around. I could feel his presence right behind me.

"Yes, I know. How are you doing?" He asked his mother.

"I'm okay, I was just so worried that your father wouldn't make it out. Gosh Jay, life is unpredictable." His mother wiped her eyes, and she was right, it was very unpredictable.

I stood up, politely excusing myself.

"I'll leave you guys to it, if you need anything, please feel free to call for the nurses." I stayed professional, even with that fucker in the room who just stared at me like a baby.

"Thank you once again, you have saved our family." Mrs Park smiled at me as I nodded, my hand at the door handle.

"Sarang, are you heading home now?" Jay suddenly interrupt, causing me to let go of the door handle. I turned my head around.

"Yes, I'm done for the day." I told him, trying to not just throw out every curse in the book and every insult there is.

"Can you wait for me? I wanna talk to you." He looked over at his mother, who was just confused, "alone."

I gave a quiet sigh, really having no choice.

"Alright, but be quick, I'm exhausted." I told him, and with nothing else to say, I left the room, heading over to the staff room again, grabbing my stuff and waiting outside of the hospital for that one idiot. 

Not even ten minutes later, Jay walked out of the hospital, looking around for me. He looked at me, swallowing hard.

"Did I pass out?" He asked me, and I stared at him, dumbfounded.

"Is that all you came out to ask me for? Yes, you did, you should probably sleep more." I told him, completely confused to why he was so dramatic over this.

"Let me treat you." Jay suddenly offered, and I gave a scoff, unbelievable. I looked at the sky, breathing out hot air.

"I was just doing my job, you don't need to treat me for something I trained my life for." I looked back over at him, his gaze somewhat softening.

"I would've expected you to purposefully kill him or something, just because he's my father." Jay said, and I stared at him, furrowing my brows in shock.

"What?" I couldn't believe he would say something like that, "I hate you, not your father. And even if I did hate your father, I would never kill someone just because of my personal feelings. I know how to put professionalism aside from grudges." 

I literally couldn't believe he would say something like that, it felt almost insulting.

"You know, I know you hate me too, but I never thought you'd think of me like that. Thank you though, you've given me an insight into your mind. Have a good night, I hope your parents heal well." I ended it at that, walking away, silence between us as distance grew.