26

"Why I'm single?" I stared out of the window, the trees swiping by fast as Jay sped up, "I don't know."

"Yikes, I think I can answer why." Jay chuckled to himself, and I rolled my eyes, glaring at him.

"You know what, actually, I do have an answer." I flipped my hair behind my shoulder with a miniscule smile.

"Please, I'd love to hear your reasoning." Jay's lips curved into a full smile, amused to hear my reasons.

"My god I swear if you keep being like this I'm going to kick you out of your own car." I muttered loud enough for him to hear, he let out a scoff, "But anyways, simply put, I don't think about relationships."

Jay briefly looked over at me, then turned to face the front again.

"What do you mean? So it doesn't bother you that you could be alone forever?" Jay inquired, sounding genuinely interested with my answer.

I gave a large exhale, just thinking how my life would be if I was alone. Wow, it would be even sadder than it currently is.

"I mean, it does. But I can't do anything about it really - I know you're gonna say some bullshit like, 'just get a boyfriend, easy' - but - most of the guys I've encountered are pieces of shit." I sighed, trying to think whether there was a guy that was remotely nice to me.

"Oh so you're allowed to be picky about boyfriends but I can't be picky about girlfriends?" Jay counteract my statement, giving a scoff at my words.

I laughed for a short while at him.

"Hyojin is literally the ideal - perfect even - girl. Come on Jay." I turned my head to look at him, and he turned to look at me, our eyes sparking as we made eye contact.

He turned back to face forward, and I looked forward, my head still tilted to the side. He did a double take, looking back at me for a brief second, then back focusing on driving.

"Ideal? Perfect girl? Define what you mean by 'ideal' and 'perfect girl'" He drove with one hand, the other one resting his finger on his lip.

"You know, she has it all. She's good looking, she's rich, she's cute, isn't consumed with work so she'll have time no matter what, she's creative. I mean, what more could you ask for?" I chuckled, trying to think of what qualities I have - other than hating Jay the most in the world.

The car stopped at a red light, and Jay turned his head to look at me, gazing into my eyes again. His black eyes dotted with constellations of sparkling stars.

Whoever told him to go blonde, I will thank you for the rest of the time I'm alive.

"She's very clingy, and although people say that's a good thing - she'll bother you even when you're at work and get mad at you if you can't reply. She's materialistic and bases her happiness of buying pointless things solely for the brand, irresponsible and childish." Jay began listing things about Hyojin he didn't like, "She doesn't understand social cues and is pretty slow in the head. She might seem like a sweet girl on the outside - sure, I'll give her that she's pretty - but there's no way we could connect."

I listened intently to him talking about how Hyojin wasn't the girl I thought she was. I didn't know what to say, I didn't know Hyojin personally - so I couldn't argue back.

"So then what's your type?" I inquired, just out of general curiosity. Jay glanced at me, giving me a smirk before looking forward and beginning to drive again.

"Oh? Why? Are you losing the bet right now?" Jay sneered, giving such a cocky smile as I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes, giving a groan out of annoyance.

"And to think we could've had a normal conversation without you being annoying for once." I blew raspberries, "I don't know what I was thinking."

"I'm joking, don't take it to heart sweetheart." He gave a small laugh at his words as I just stared at him, beaming death straight from my eyes.

"Fuck you." I replied with, my words rigid and callous. But as he laughed, the sound of his pure laughter upturned the edges of my lips, I had to bite the inside of my cheek to stop my smile from pouring out.

"Fine, I'll tell you what my type is." He thought for a while, "I like an independent girl. A girl I can tease and she'll hit my words right back at me - a girl who can go out looking like a princess, but also one that can wake up with half her hair in a mess. I just want a girl who can be real with me." Jay spoke, and as his words proceeded through my brain, I subconsciously ticked off which ones applied to me.

Woah, hold on, hold that thought right there. I was seriously checking if I was compatible with this guy?

Jesus, I must have seriously banged my head against the wall hard.

"What about you?"