Mattheo Riddle ~ I Think He Knows

SFW

I Think He Knows - Taylor Swift

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 MattheoPrincess

Mattheo Riddle was the kind of guy who always seemed to have a smirk on his face like he knew something the rest of the world didn't. With his tousled brown hair and mischievous colored eyes, he had a way of charming everyone he met. But beneath that confident exterior, he kept a secret close to his heart.

Enter me, a girl with a smile that could light up the darkest room. People would say I had a laugh that tinkled like wind chimes on a breezy summer day and a warmth that drew people to me like moths to a flame. Little did I know that I would be fixing another poor heart.

We crossed paths one summer day at a bustling café in the city's heart. Mattheo was sitting at a table, sipping on a cup of coffee and tapping his fingers to the beat of a catchy tune playing on the radio. That's when I walked in, my eyes scanning the room until they instantly landed on Mattheo. It felt like two wires trying to create a spark, and it was a connection that neither of us could ignore.

Mattheo flashed his trademark smirk as I nervously approached his table. "Well, hello there," he said, his voice smooth as honey. 

"Mind if I join you?" I asked. All the other tables were filled with fallen-in-love couples and friends.

Mattheo smiled his boyish smile. "I was actually hoping you'd say that," he replied.

As we talked, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something special about him. It was like he could see right through me, straight to the heart of who I was. And yet, I couldn't bring myself to ask for his number or some contact to talk to him.

Luckily, he did the job for me. I gave him all my socials, my number, and my email.

~

One evening, as we walked hand in hand through the city streets, Mattheo couldn't hold back any longer. With a nervous laugh, he turned to me and said, "There's something I need to tell you."

I looked at him, my eyes filled with curiosity and concern. "What is it?"

Mattheo took a deep breath as if he was steeling himself for my reaction. "I... I'm not who you think I am," he admitted. "There's a part of me that I've been hiding, but I can't keep it hidden any longer."

I listened as Mattheo poured his heart out, telling me about his past, his struggles, and the mistakes he had made along the way. And with each word, I felt my heart swell with love and compassion for this boy who had captured my heart.

But instead of pulling away, I leaned in closer, my hand reaching out to cup his cheek. "I know," I whispered, my voice barely audible above the din of the city. "I've known from the moment I met you."

Mattheo stared at me in disbelief, and for a moment, I was afraid I said the wrong thing. "You knew?" he asked, his voice tinged with wonder.

I nodded, a smile playing at the corners of my lips in relief. "I think he knows," I said, hoping that he would remember the song that was playing on the radio when I walked in.

And in that moment, Mattheo realized that he didn't have to hide anymore. With me by his side and him by my side, we could finally be ourselves, flaws and all. And as we walked off into the night, hand in hand, we knew that our love would conquer whatever challenges lay ahead.