CHAPTER 9 - "Forgive me..."

I don't think I ever told you about my father's discoveries. He too had doubts about how Jon Arryn had died and decided to investigate. He discovered that Joffrey was not Robert's son but Jaime's. As disgusting as it may be, it is unfortunately not surprising.

               Thanks to information gathered from the various members of the Small Council, Ned met a young blacksmith in Flea Bottom who he thinks is Robert's bastard.

               My father was forced to tell me this story when I heard Baelish offer to take him to his brothel to meet one of Robert's mistresses with whom he had a child. Jon Arryn would also have met her shortly before his death.

♐︎

               I'm sitting in what Littlefinger calls his office. Although it looks like one of those Dorne lounges with sofas from all over the world and gold embroidered cushions. Jory is standing on the other side of the room, extremely uncomfortable being in such a place in my company.

"These girls are not going to eat you, you know?" I throw at him, smiling.

               He does not answer anything, he tries to remain impassive while I realize perfectly that the blonde sitting next to the tenant got quite an effect on him. Jory has always been an example to us, it is clear that he does not want to shake the vision I have of him.

"They're just women" I add. "Whatever... Maybe that's what scares you."

               Jory turns his head towards me. Happy to have reached my goal and to have made him react, I raise my hands as a sign of retirement.

"I'm done with you for now."

"Have you ever been in a facility like this before?" Baelish asks.

"Before you met? Of course."

               I see Jory's eyes widen and pick me up immediately.

"Of course, not...!"

              Baelish gets up, leaving the two girls who accompanied him to sit next to me. He changed clothes when we arrived here and now wears a lighter outfit.

"Please" he tells me. "Share this story with me."

"You want me to tell you about my experience in a brothel? This is extremely inappropriate, Lord Baelish."

"You didn't go there to do rude things with young women. You and I both know you wouldn't pay to take advantage of a young woman, or a young man."

               He is right. I would never pay for that just because those girls pity me. They end up here either because they were sold or because they were too poor to feed themselves in any other way. They never had a choice. They deserve to be saved, not rented.

"So?" insists Littlefinger. "Why was it?"

"There is a brothel in Winterfell and some of the girls who work there have lived there all their lives. I grew up with them. Do you sometimes forget that they are human beings? Most of the girls who work for you come from far away, they come by the sea. You buy them to sell them less.""

"Brothels are a much better investment than boats" he says. "Booty rarely sinks."

               My father enters the room, diverting Littlefinger's attention. And fortunately, I don't know what trap he wanted to put me in, but it would certainly have put me in a bad position. Because there is a much clearer explanation than the one I gave him. The last and only time I went into a brothel was to pick up Theon.