CHAPTER 11 - "His Father is Dying"

"I'm sending you back to the North" Ned tells us.

               I cannot believe that this moment has finally arrived! I dream of leaving the capital since the very moment I set foot there. I can't wait to go home. I'm going to be able to see Theon and Robb again, Arrow could finally walk around freely and we'll be safe.

               Beside me, my sisters beg him to let them stay, they do not understand that it is for their good. Here, they feel at their place: Arya begins to progress with Master Syrio and Sansa spends her time hanging on Joffrey's arm.

"When are we leaving?" I ask.

"Tomorrow."

"What?!" cries the redhead. "I can't go! I have to marry Joffrey! One day he will be the greatest king that ever was, a golden lion. And I will give him sons with bright blond hair."

"I will marry Joffrey, Sansa, not you... I would gladly give him to you but I decided, unlike others, not to act selfishly."

"Joffrey said he wanted me to be his queen!"

               I can't believe it. The prince has always been very interested in me. He never skimped on compliments, and he even helped me after my confrontation against the Mountain. I do not understand why, since he would lend me love, he would say such things to my sister. Unless maybe...

               My father takes them out of the room and sits down at his desk. Leaning over an old book, he mumbles without even noticing that I'm still there.

"You know I'm not leaving, right?"

               He looks up at me, slightly surprised.

               I want to go home, but if my intuition is right, and after Jaime attacked him in the street, I can't leave my father alone.

"I know that" he says. "I guess nothing will change your mind."

"We need to protect each other. Here more than anywhere else."

               I kiss his cheek before I leave the room. I need to see if sweet Prince Joffrey has been mocking me since we met or if he's manipulating my sister to secure an alliance with the North.

               Unfortunately, Joffrey isn't smart enough to think about it alone. I say it is a misfortune because the person who pulls the strings is the one I have been trying to avoid since we arrived here: Cersei.

♐︎

               I arrive at the door of Joffrey's apartments. I might as well make sure of his inclination before throwing myself into the lion's mouth.

               The Hound opens me to his master's report.

"My lady!" he exclaims as he comes to meet me. "I was just thinking of you!"

"Really? So, I come at the right time."

"I was waiting for my maids to undress but they do not seem decided to come."

               Oh... I feel it coming several leagues away.

"Maybe you could help me."

               What was I thinking coming here so late? I should have known.

"Um... Sure, my prince. It would be an honor for me..."

               Joffrey's already in the middle of the room, waiting for me to unbutton his shirt. After that, you cannot make me believe that he is not crazy about me. I will not let him think otherwise. He has to be in love with me so I can control him.