CHAPTER 32 - "I'll figure it out."

Nothing could have prepared me for this vision of horror. Enemy ships sink, taking the last survivors with them. But the most terrifying thing is the cries of pain from the burns. I know one who must worship.

               I force myself to get out of my torpor, I do not have time to pity myself on the fate of these unfortunates. If they hadn't already died, they'd have passed under my blade, anyway. I wipe my tears and rush to the River Gate.

"Open me!" I yell and drum at the door.

               I hear a monstrous uproar on the other side, perhaps they are arguing about whether to let me in.

"That's an order!!"

               The door opens abruptly, letting Podrick appear. Relieved, I throw myself in the arms of the young man. I should never have left, it's a certainty now.

"I missed you, ma'am" he confides in me.

"Me too, Podrick. Me too."

               I put a kiss on his cheek before I straighten up and show a strong expression, we will rejoice later.

"Where is Sansa?"

"In Maegor's Holdfast with the other women."

"Where you should be" adds Joffrey from the stairs to my right.

"Pod, get my armor. And take Arrow to the citadel, she'll stay with Sansa to protect her."

"Yes, ma'am."

               The squire leaves, leaving me face to face with Joffrey. My loving husband. What he doesn't know is that the trend has reversed. I don't intend to obey, or even pretend.

"Joff" I salute him.

"Don't call me that!"

"I think we can afford some familiarity now. Since you raped me, we've been pretty close, haven't we?"

               Around us comes a dead silence. Any other man in the capital accused of such a thing would have immediately been beaten. But Joffrey is is the king. So, apart from a few indignant looks at him, compassionate towards me, no one dares to do anything.

"Dog!" spits Joffrey. Stop her!"

"Clegane... I warn him with my hand already on my sword."

"You're not allowed to fight! You're just a woman!"

"I travelled all over the country to be able to come back here and protect your little white bum. I intend to fight with my men, that I am a woman does not define how I wield my weapon. How do you wield yours, majesty?"

               Both indignant and disarmed, the king found his place on the ramparts by wiggling. I follow him to find Tyrion.

"Lady Stark..." he greets me with his hand.

"Lord Lannister" I answer with a smile.

"You came back..."

"I promised you, didn't I?"

"On the contrary, you left making fun of my request."

"What was it?"

"That you come back to me, ma'am."

               I feel my cheeks turning purple. Unable to stop me, I raise my head towards the destroyed boats of the fleet of Stannis, hoping that nobody notices. I come back as a conqueror and here I am, blushing like a teenager in heat. It is not worthy of me.