CHAPTER 21 - "I don't know who I am anymore."

Since Tyrion became the Hand of the King, great changes have taken place in the capital. Not only operations to make life easier for citizens, but operations to make life easier for me and the Lannister.

               First, he got rid of Slynt and placed Bronn as Commander of the Watch. He now wants to get rid of the other spies who form the court, starting with the Small Council. To do this, Tyrion came up with a plan.

               He went to every member of the council to tell them a secret. He made Pycelle believe that Princess Myrcella was promised to Trystan Martell, Varys that the princess was going to marry Theon Greyjoy and Littlefinger that he needed his help to organize the engagement of Myrcella and Robyn Arryn – promising him Harrenhal in the same time –.

               And it is furious that, that same evening, Queen Cersei entered Tyrion's apartments, promising to kill him if he sent his daughter to the Martells of Dorne. Bingo.

               But I didn't expect Littlefinger to come into mines – the king's one – to castigate me with horrible bird names.

"May I know what got into you, sir?"

"Don't play the innocent, you make a pact with the dwarf!"

"So that's it..."

               I got up from my chair and approached him, hands behind my back, straight posture, head up. If we were in a safer place, I would have allowed myself some familiarity. But in the royal apartments we were listened to by ears that did not belong to us.

"The king could come in at any time, my lord. And I can only imagine his fury if he saw you here with me."

"It's not about you, it's about me!"

"Your little castle was taken away and you come crying in the queen's skirts?"

"I made a deal with the dwarf, he explains. An alliance with the Val against Harrenhal. And he lied to me."

               I often wonder if I live with important lords or with children.

"What do you want me to do? I have no control over the situation."

"You should. You're the queen, act like it."

""Act like it"! I can't choose my meal! How do you want me to give you Harrenhal?!"

"You are your mother's daughter."

"Don't tell me about my mother. Catelyn Stark turned her back on me a long time ago. You were there, you saw it."

               The memory of my mother in the Baelish's Brothel crossed my mind. That day, when our family's survival was at stake, she didn't even look me in the eye. I was a stranger.

"Get out, Littlefinger. I can't help you."

"But you lov-"

"Not a word. You're pathetic."

               Do I love Littlefinger? Or do I like the perfect image I created of him? An older man with confidence, relationships, and influence. The kind of man everyone thinks they know but nobody really knows. Facing a 19-year-old girl, without a lair, that the mother ignores and whose father died.

               I don't like Baelish. I like the importance he gives me. But it's over, I woke up.

               Without further ado, I opened the door wide, looking well in front of me so as not to cross hers.

"Get out before I call my guard."

"Diana..."

♐︎