Behind the scene!

Dabi's POV:

Toga: We can't just abandon Kitty like this! He's part of our team, Dabi!

Her voice is filled with desperation, her eyes pleading. But I know Kitty. He's not one to go down without a fight. He's got a knack for slipping out of tight spots. Besides we got our very own problems as well. We had to get out of there and now that I had Toga over my shoulders, I knew that the shit we were in was worse than I had thought before. When Kitty says leave, he means it! We all would listen to his words. He was one of us and the one who was always making sure we would be safe. Besides he had a teleportation quirk.

Me: Toga, I understand. But Kitty knew the risks when he told us to go. He's not some helpless kitten. He can handle himself.

Toga's eyes flare with anger, her fists clenched at her sides. She's not backing down, to be fair, neither was I. My plan was to get Shigaraki out and return with a nomu to get him back. After all he was one of us and no one gets left behind. Still, I also knew that risking us all was not something he wanted at all.

Luckily for us it was quite fast that we returned to the LOV base and Shigaraki could hear us talking. He would certainly do something seeing that Kitty was not there.

Shigaraki: Both of you, calm down. Dabi's right. Kitty knew the risks. We can't risk us all get caught because of one person.

Shigaraki's logic is cold, as always but he was thinking about how we would rescue Kitty. For sure he was thinking about it. I wouldn't even think that he wouldn't! What goddamn leader would he be if he would let us down like that. Kitty was just too important to all of us. He was the brightest one and the one who saved our asses soo many times too. If anyone would deserve us to risk our lives to save them and bail them out, then it was Izuku...... But there was this flicker of something in his eyes where I was searching for a good confirmation to go back. I needed just one word and I would be gone. Maybe it's concern. Or maybe it's just annoyance at the disruption.

Kurogiri: There must be a way to retrieve Kitty without compromisin anything.

Shigaraki: Enlighten me.

Kurogiri's always been the voice of reason. He's right, of course. We can't just leave Kitty behind. But we also can't afford to get caught.

Me: Kurogiri, can you open a portal directly to Kitty's location?

Kurogiri: It's possible, but risky. 

Toga's on edge, practically vibrating with pent-up energy. She's ready to charge in there with all her knifes ready to attack anyone and everything!

Toga: I don't care about the risk! Kitty needs us, and we're just going to leave him there?

Her words cut through the air like a knife. She's right, damn it. Everyone knew it too.

Shigaraki: Kitty is resourceful. He's gotten out of tight spots before. We need to trust in his abilities.

But Toga's not listening. She's lost in her own world of righteous fury. I was as well. This was not reasonable. He saved us so many times and now we were leaving him behind?! Did this make any sense?

Toga: Trust? Trust got us into this mess in the first place! Trusting heroes, trusting society... It's all a lie! You know why we are sticking together. The 5 of us only! We are a family! No one gets left behind! Why are you such an idiot?!

She's angry, hurt, and I can't blame her. Still Kitty wouldn't want us risking everything for him.

Shigaraki: Enough! Kurogiri open a portal but only a portal. No one is going through it!

I nod, relieved that Shigaraki's made a decision. Finally he was reasonable enough to get this done. Izuku was clever enough to know where the portal is. If anything, his senses would tell him where. He was stronger than any of us even if he was an omega. No one was looking down on him at all. 

Me: Understood.

Toga: Awww man! COME ON!

Kurogiri: Affirmative.

Toga: Fine, but if anything happens to Kitty, I'm holding both of you responsible!

Her threat hangs in the air, but I don't let it get to me. We'll get Kitty back, one way or another.