Memories.

Dabi's POV:

I really couldn't believe that I went back to the house. It's been so long that I've been here that it was hard falling alseep. Around 2 am, I started to head out and check for Izuku but I could hear a soft purring here and there. He does that whenever he was exhausted and just needed sleep. Although it was very cute and a perfect reason to tease him, none of us ever did so. Of course we never told him about this habbit as well. He was just a big cat for me and the rest of the LOV. 

Once I was on the hallway, I went straight to where my room used to be. Surprisingly enough, the door was not locked and when I got inside, I could see no changes at all. There were still the burn marks on the door from the inside. I did them myself whenever I got frustrated at my father. There was however one thing no one knew. 

I went to the bed and then stood on it. There was a small chelf which was barely in reach when I was small but now it was more than easy to reach it. I had left a small envelopement there. It were papers snippets inside. News paper snipped to be precise. I always looked up to my father and these were the ones where he was the best hero in my point of view. 

Me: Hah... can't believe it is still there....

Not only did I hide this but I hid other things as well. There was for example a diary. I know... not many people think about me being the type of guy who has one but as a child I kinda was fond about writing my progress down and it was also filled with rage as time went on. It took me a while to remember where I hid it but when I remembered it, I went straight to the window and opened it. Below the windowsill from the outside. I had once worked hard to create a secret hiding space there. Now it was long forgotten but my diary was still there. 

It really is there....

This whole room looks as if I went back in time....

But nothing changed here.

Nothing at all. 

I can't believe that they let my room intact...why?

I was annoying and a bastard to them.

Why didn't they give it to Shoto?!!!

They could have for sure used this room too.

Was it anger? Was it surprise or maybe I was glad to have found my stuff being like they used to be. I don't really know what it was but it made me smile at the things. Since I couldn't really fall asleep, I decided to just sit against the wall right below the window and read my very own diary remembering the past. Yeah... I've been an idiot for crying out loud for sure.

It brings back memories to be here...

All these times when I wanted to kill him... when I wanted him to look at me.

What did I do wrong....

No... I never did anything wrong.

This is why I won't forgive him.

I will never forgive him!

Just looking at some pages made me realize again why I didn't wanted to stay at this family. Back then I tried everything to get just a bit of attention. At first everything was fine but when Shoto's quirk started manifesting, I started to train more. My dad started compare me to Shoto and I was starting to hate my brother day by day more. Of course I soon realized that it was my father fault and that I was not needed which made me fake my death.

Me: Hah... I better get back before anyone discoveres me here.

I think I just had spend hours in this room thinking back at my past and just smile. Yeah... my past was definitely not pretty but at least durable. Out of all of us in the LOV, Kitty, I mean Izuku had it the worst. We never heard him talk about his past that much but whenever he does, it ended with blood.... his and also not his.

Should I be thankful for not being tortured here?

I don't know.... I never liked comparing my own pain with others... but sometimes it just helped.

Me: Better get back.

I slowly stood up from where I was sitting, hid the notebook back where it was and went back to my room to try call it a day once again. Something told me that the next day would be either horrible or something would go wrong.