I am confused!

Shinso's POV:

The moment we got back home, I immediately grabbed my phone to text Shoto. He was my mate and I had to tell him this. If it meant that one day I will leave him because of this fated mate bond then he deserved to know. Besides I was already confused and didn't really know how to handle this. I was just glad that my parents left me all alone.

That cinnamon smell was definitely something else.

While I had just a sniff off it, I knew that it was probably gonna make me addicted. It smelled so good and I felt attached to it. If it were not for my father back on the rooftop, I could bet everything I had that I would have started to run after this omega and tried to catch him. 

I wonder if he will accept me...

He doesn't have too but I still want it...

He is my fated mate. 

I know that omega's feel different about it especially rough ones...

There was no way I couldn't tell Shoto about this and so I started texting him.

"Sho... I need to tell you something important." -Shinso

"What's up?" -Shoto

"I found my fated mate today." -Shinso

"Fated mate? Where, when who is she?" -Shoto

"It's a him. On a rooftop while I went out with the caterpillar." -Shinso

"WHAT?! Tell me all about it. But how about we call each other?" -Shoto.

He had a point it would be easier to call him but I was scared to hear his voice right now. I am sure he could feel what I felt right now and I was a mess. He was my mate! Then I found another one! And then there was just this feeling inside of me that was nagging me. I felt bad for Shoto for breaking up over phone. I knew this was too suden, I knew this was not rational but my alpha insisted to not be in a relationship with anyone anymoer. 

Before I could text back, Shoto started calling me and I did pick it up.

Shoto: So what happened?

Me: Went out with my dad for some training.

Shoto: And?

Me: There was this huge tiger.

Shoto: A tiger? So he is a rough omega?

Me: Yeah.

Shoto: Did he attack you?

Me: No and you know my father wouldn't have actually let anyone hurt me. Besides there was another one and he saved us from that one.

Shoto: Wow.... are you okay?

Me: Yeah... I mean, I don't know.

Shoto: I can feel your confusion and sadness... I know what you wanna tell me and I am fine with it.

Me: You are?

Shoto: Yes. If he is your fated mate then I am happy for you. Besides my alpha wouldn't have let me be with another one if I found my fated one as well. 

Me: I am sorry.

Shoto: No need to be.

Me: We are still friends, right?

Shoto: Of course.

Me: Shoto, there is one more thing.

Shoto: Hm?

Me: How am I supposed to find my fated mate?

Shoto: How about we go out tomorrow and search for them. You smelled their pheromones?

Me: Yes. Smelled like Cinnamon on a freshly baked apple pie.

Shoto: Oh wow that's a sweet smell.

Me: Did you expect something else?

Shoto: Yes... you do know that mine is like fresh snow so I thought you liked natured scent more.

Me: Hah, I guessed that as well but nope.

Shoto: I am still happy you found your fated mate.

Me: Same.

Shoto: Hey, can you tell Aizawa that I'll be late to school tomorrow.

Me: Sure. Why tho?

Shoto: My dad just arrived injured and said they had to fight a rough one too. I'll be the one watching over that idiot.

Me: Alright.

Shoto: Cool then talk to ya another day.

Me: Mh. See ya.

With that our call ended and I could hear a small knock at the door. It was my paps who was standing there. I didn't even notice him or my dad at all. They both looked at me worriedly.

Me: I broke up with Shoto.

Mic: Over phone?

Aizawa: Are you okay?

Me: Oddly enough, I feel a lot better now.

Mic: How did he take it?

Me: He was the one to break up with me first... I think cause I haven't even said anything.

Aizawa: Hah that rascal. Well that's how mate bond works anyways.... As long as the pheromones match, you can find another mate.... but a fated one is rare.

Me: I know... you think I will be able to find him?

Aizawa: I am sure you will.

I really needed that time with my family right now. I just felt so lost right now. There, somewhere outside was my mate and maybe they were even suffering. I had to find them quickly and then give it my all to make them actually like me and accept me. I vowed to do my best.