21-30

☆ 21. Chapter 21

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 21

The area around the market is all plain, with only low weeds and no trees in the middle. Bai Qi said that this is where trading will take place in the next few days. The grassland is surrounded by woods similar to those on the road, where the orcs coming and going can rest.

Although today is the day before the market is officially opened, many orcs have already arrived. However, I arrived early and did not trade immediately. Today it was more like observing the situation in advance.

Walking together with tribesmen or tribes with good relations, covering each other's supplies, and looking around vigilantly, after all, they carry the hope of the entire tribe, and no one dares to be careless.

Bai Tu observed the orcs in the distance. The humanoid orcs were generally dressed similarly, basically animal skins. A small number of tribes wore grass skirts woven from plants. This may be to better deter people with evil intentions. Many tribes have them. Some orcs changed into animal forms and stayed nearby.

Along the way, Bai Tu saw no less than ten kinds of animals, including lions, tigers, cheetahs, wolves, bears, etc. Most of them were ferocious animals. He walked around without seeing a second rabbit tribe.

There is a tribe that is quite strange. It should look like a ferocious beast, but there are no tribesmen around who have transformed into beasts. The leader, a weak-looking young man, is holding a piece of barbecue in his hand and is sharing the food with the giant goshawk on his shoulder. Sensing his gaze, the young man looked over and smiled friendly.

It turned out that orcs also kept pets, so Bai Tu smiled politely.

The goshawk on the young man's shoulder seemed dissatisfied with being ignored. It rubbed its hook-like beak against the young man's face. The young man slapped it and the goshawk immediately calmed down. Bai Tu was very impressed by the sight of it. With a raptor domesticated like this,

most of the orcs in the rabbit and wolf teams were not here for the first time. The experienced Bai An chose a location that was close to water sources and markets without being disturbed. , the first thing to do after settling down is to arrange for someone to pick up the water.

When they heard about getting water, both the wolf clan and the rabbit clan reacted quickly. In addition to the bamboo tubes, they also took out all the stone pots and wooden barrels.

Bai Tu looked at the people who suddenly became busy and felt a little confused.

Bai Qi took away Bai Tu's bamboo tube and explained before leaving: "The water source near the market is clean at the beginning, and we can only go upstream to pick it up in a few days!"

Because it hasn't rained for a long time, there are only two small rivers nearby. There are a lot of orcs coming to the market. Even if everyone maintains the habit of collecting water from upstream and cleaning it downstream, the water source will still be dirty in a few days, and you will have to go up to drink water. In order to save time, the rabbit people will collect more water on the first and second day after arriving. After the market starts, they will change the supplies and leave immediately, which is safe and fast.

The wolves used to stay longer, but they didn't like to walk for half a day to get water. They also had the habit of hoarding more water in the first two days.

Bai Tu was not as clear as others about this kind of thing, so he naturally followed the arrangements.

Most tribes will not reveal what supplies they bring. Only when the market officially starts tomorrow will everyone display the supplies. Bai Tu understood that his wealth was not exposed, so he was uncharacteristically uncharacteristic in the evening and did not bring out any special food, but only shared some dried meat.