Chapter 33

Cheyenne

My first instinct was to run, so that's what I did. I guess when it came to the fight or flight response, I wanted to be a bird.

The past moments had shocked my mind though, causing me to be less alert of my surroundings. That wasn't a good thing. I became so caught up with avoiding the trees around me, I forgot to be cautious of where I was stepping and my speed. My foot hit a rock, making my body fly forward and my head slam into a separate rock.

I sucked in air through my teeth to keep myself from screaming with my messed up vocal chords. I saw wetness on the rock before me and knew instantly that my forehead was bleeding. Before I could touch it to confirm my suspicions I was yanked to my feet by Markus and he started walking, more like stomping, back to his house.

The pain slowly faded from my head but it left behind a dizzy feeling, so I tried to focus on keeping myself from tripping again by watching where my feet were stepping. I knew I wasn't going to get away this time, Markus' grip was too tight on my arm.

But that place was not home to me, in any way, shape, or form.

Markus was walking so fast I lost my footing once again and stumbled, only to be pulled right back into place by him putting even more pressure on my arm.

He had never been so forceful with me, it made me wonder if I had hurt him or something when I pushed him into the tree. How could that have been possible? He was too strong for me to hurt, I'm too weak, I couldn't even stop him from kidnapping me.

We quickly reached the edge of the forest, stepping back onto the tamed lawn surrounding the large house in from of us. Antonio leaned forward, up and off of the tree large tree we had been dangling from earlier, when he spotted us,

He took in our appearances, mine probably consisting of blood on my face, leaves and twigs in my messy hair, and at least one bloodshot eye, and questioned Markus, "What happened?"

Markus just ignored him and pulled me around to the front side of the house. Before Antonio was completely out of site I mouthed 'Help me' to him, and he just replied with a shrug and a pained expression on his face. It was liked he had wanted to help, but he didn't know how, or couldn't. Either way, it was clear, I was on my own.

Markus dragged me through the house and up the stairs, not paying attention to how many times I almost fell down the stairs, and would have if he hadn't been keeping me up. Down the hallway we went, but he didn't go to the door to the room that I was normally in. He opened the door to his room.

As soon as the door was open, he shoved me far into the room, and I, being myself, lost my balance. I gasped in pain as my back hit the ground, my head bouncing off the floor right after it. The door slammed shut and footsteps echoed through the room towards where I was laying.

Once the dots of lights left my eyes I saw the ceiling, but it wasn't of the room I was normally in, this one wasn't textured like the other one.

I felt his hands grip my arms, pulling me up. I snapped my eyes shut as he pressed me against the wall. I started to shake, afraid of what he was going to do.

"You tried to leave."