Chapter 35

Markus

I hadn't realized what I was doing until Antonio busted down my door. It's a good thing he did too, or else Cheyenne would've been killed by my own hands. Anger had clouded my vision and I couldn't find any other way of dealing with it. Emotions had never been my strong suit.

My hands had almost literally choked the life out of my mate. I had never felt so ashamed of my actions before. Just seeing how scared she was of me made me wish I had never met her. I would rather have spent my life wondering where my mate was than bring her this type of pain.

~~

Cheyenne

Having them both staring at me made me even more freaked out. They were expecting me to just listen to them and obey, but they scared me too much to get any closer to them.

Antonio and Markus just needed to back up and give me room to breathe.

Antonio had lied to me, he had said that Markus would never try hurt me. How could someone not mean to strangle someone? And Markus was all over the board with his actions. He kidnapped me, comforted me, apologized, and now this. I had no idea what to think anymore. The only thing I knew was that I was completely scared for my life.

"Please Cheyenne, no one is going to hurt you anymore," Markus spoke to me in a hushed tone.

I shook my head in reply, forcing myself to speak back, "You're a liar," my voice was extremely hoarse, but it was less difficult to speak compared to the last time.

"Cheyenne, please, I'm so sorry," Markus told me, the desperation clear in his voice. It made me want to slap him, if he was really sorry he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

I covered my face with my hands as tears overwhelmed my eyes. I couldn't see anything through them and they stung. I pressed my palms against my closed eyes and the pressure relieved some of the pain.

That's when I realized I hadn't been wearing my glasses, and I could see perfectly fine. This fact made me freeze, my crying instantly stopped but my heart beat got faster. What was happening to me?

I was kidnapped and tortured, then a voice appeared in my head saying that whatever it was was bound to my soul. My wounds have been healing quickly, I basically made someone fly through the air just by pushing them and now I could see perfectly when I had awful vision before.

What kind of drugs were they putting into me?

It was the only thing that could possibly cause all of these things and still make sense. Believing any other possibility would have made me crazy.

It couldn't be werewolves.