Chapter 27

||Sorry for the wait, I've been having a lot of stuff to do recently and I've been sick with the flu as well. The last few weeks has been filled with school work and sleep, my dreams causing more and more story ideas pile up in my head, but I'm determined to finish this book before I publish a new one on here. Please enjoy!||

Cheyenne

The next morning I woke up wishing I had changed from my jeans the night before. They had been comfy, but they really aren't meant for sleeping in.

I stood up, adjusting my jeans from the weird position they were in. The legs were twisted and I had to pull down my shirt, it had ended up rolling up to expose my stomach. My bun was half fallen out and my hair was hanging in my face as I made my way to the bathroom.

I groaned that soon turned into a silent laugh when I looked at the mess of a human being in the mirror. I looked like a troll!

I carefully removed my hair elastic, grimacing every time it got caught on my hair, and soon got my hair to flop out of the bun. Well, if you could even call it that.

I took my brush and started at the very ends of my hair, slowly brushing it out into a wavy pile of hair. I quickly scooped it all up into a bun after all the tangles were out and re-secured it on my head.

Once I was sure it was all out of the way I hopped into the shower, not washing my hair because washing it everyday dries out my hair.

~

Markus

At 6:30 in the morning I was pacing around my room. I had no idea what time my mate would wake up, all I knew is that I wanted to talk with her.

I sighed when I heard the shower turn on across the hallway, how did I not hear her get up?

I had already showered myself so I really had nothing to do. Antonio and Jason had decided to take over most of the Alpha duties, only the ones I absolutely had to do myself were left for me. I was usually distracted, due to my mate being on my mind a lot, and didn't get much work done so they took it over.

I know I shouldn't have been ignoring my Alpha responsibilities but I couldn't stop thinking about Cheyenne.

I looked toward her messenger bag sitting on my dresser, Sarah had returned it to me after Cheyenne had gotten her contact solution out of it. I hadn't gone through, but I was extremely tempted to.

If I looked through her bag, I would get information on her life. But, I could learn things that would've been better to learn through her. And, once you see something, you can't just erase it from your mind, so it would be better not to risk it.

~

Cheyenne

After I stepped out of the shower I was quick with my clothing. Just some loose, black sweatpants and a plain white tee shirt. Comfy is always the most important thing.

After I was dressed I took down my hair from the bun I had put it in so I wouldn't get it wet. I was just shaking it out when there was a knock on my door.

I slowly made my way from the bathroom, double checking to make sure my shirt was not see through. How embarrassing would that be? No matter who it was it would still be awful.

Once I reached the door I hesitated. What if it was Markus? I just shook my head, he probably wouldn't hurt me, or at least he hadn't yet. Well, other than the initial kidnapping part.

I took a deep breath and swung the door open. My eyes made contact with Markus' and I quickly looked to the floor.

"Hey Cheyenne," he sounded a bit unsure of himself, "Can I talk with you?"

I looked up at him and nodded after a moment. I waved for him to come in and I sat down on the desk chair after I moved it so it was facing the bed. I motioned to the bed and Markus sat down, looking confident but his eyes were a dead give away.

He was uncomfortable.

And it was great.