Chapter 4

Cheyenne

I slowly stepped out of the room, carefully shutting the door behind me and turning the handle so it didn't make a lot of noise.

I took as light of steps as possible, hoping that there weren't any squeaky boards. I was completely afraid of what would happen if one of those men saw me outside of that room.

I got to a spiral stair case that looked like it went on for a while. I slowly walked down them, skipping steps each time.

I got to the floor underneath the floor I was one, but it still wasn't the ground floor, there were more stairs.

I stood for a moment debating on which way to go, wanting to explore but wanting to try and leave.

In the end leaving won, I kept walking down the stairs at a turtle's pace, trying not to make any noise. I heard voices as I approached what I assumed to be the next floor so I stopped and listened.

"I can't believe he finally found her!" Man 1 said. Yes, I'm calling them Man/Woman 1 and 2.

"Yeah, it's too bad she doesn't know about being the Luna though," Man 2 said.

"Yes but when she finds out I'm sure she'll be the perfect Luna!" Woman 1 said.

Wait Luna as in- no brain don't be stupid, obviously not like that.

They were silent for a few minutes before they I heard footsteps leading away.

"Alpha said that there are rogues outside the perimeter and to get ready for a fight! Let's go!"

Alpha? Rogues? Luna? It sounds like the terms used when referring to werewolves, yeah yeah, werewolves aren't real. I have a friend who reads books about them all the time and feels the need to tell me all about them, some sound really funny sometimes though. I really miss my friends.

I snapped out of my thoughts remembering about my friends and wanting to escape. Not hearing any sounds I quickly kept descending the stairs, passing another floor yet again.

I continued walking until I reached the next floor, the first floor. I looked around, not seeing anyone, and slowly walked through what appeared to be the living room.

It was very large with two sofas, a love seat and two chairs, all of it leather. Glass coffee tables were in front of each sofa and love seat while the chairs each had a smaller round table that matched the coffee tables.

On the walls hung pictures from celebrations and there was a large, flat screen TV placed in an entertainment stand. I barely glanced at it, but I could still tell there were multiple game consoles.

Big windows let in natural light but also had what looked like black out curtains hanging around their edges.

It was eerily quiet which was strange, it's a gigantic house that looks like it holds a ton of people but it's completely empty.

I looked out one of the windows to see a large crowd in front of a man, the man who tried to hug me on the bench.

I guess he felt my eyes on him because his eyes met mine and a shocked expression overcame his face. The words he was speaking died because his mouth stopped moving and I quickly walked backwards away from the window.

I turned and sprinted to the door on the other side of the room, hoping it was the front door. I yanked on the handle finding it locked so I searched the side of the door and turned the deadbolt then swung the door open.

I quickly ran out of the house and down the driveway to the road, there wasn't any cars driving down it and I ran across it to the woods on the other side.

I heard footsteps pounding on the road behind me as I entered the woods and I quickly wove my way through the trees until a hand caught my wrist pulling me face first into a chest.

Warmth spread through my body once he touched me and it honestly scared me. It had never happened with anyone else before, so why was it with him?

"Please stop trying to run away, I don't want to have to drug you again," I immediately stopped struggling when he said that.

"No, please don't do that," I begged, my voice barely above a whisper. I hated needles almost as much as the thought of him and his buddies being able to do whatever they wanted with me once I was out.

"Then you have to come with me and stop trying to run away," he started walking back towards the house, his hand still around my wrist. When I didn't move he let out a sad sigh and tugged on my arm, causing me to start slowly walking behind him yet to the side a little bit.

I put my free hand on my arm between my shoulder and elbow, not liking it just hanging there, as I slowly followed him back to the huge house I was already starting to fear and hate at the same time.

~~

Markus

I was speaking to the pack about the plans for if the rogues came onto our land.

I would go with a small group to tell them to leave and if they didn't we would mind-link the rest of the fighters to come and help out.

If they didn't leave the women who weren't fighters and the children would get in the safe houses with a few fighters to protect them.

'Look up at the house!' my wolf told me, so I did. My eyes drifted up towards the house to see my mate staring at me through the window.

I was surprised to see her out of her room already, seeing how I thought she would've just assumed the door to be locked and left it alone.

She quickly backed up away from the window and I immediately hopped down from the little platform I was on to speak to the pack on.

Take over the meeting I'll be back in a little while, I mind-linked Jason.

I quickly ran through the house and out the front door to see my mate running across the street to the woods on the other side.

I sprinted over the road and into the trees behind her, she moved quickly through the trees but I was used to doing it in a much larger form so I easily caught up to her.

I grabbed her wrist making her slam into my chest. I felt sparks up through my arm but I couldn't focus on how good it felt to be near her with her struggling to get out of my grip.

"Please stop trying to run away, I don't want to have to drug you again," I told her, I seriously hated drugging her the first time but if I couldn't get her to cooperate I would have to drug her to get her back to the pack house.

She froze right after I said that, "No, please don't do that," she whispered quietly.

I felt awful from how scared and desperate she sounded, but I couldn't show it or else she would probably use it against me.

"Then you have to come with me and stop trying to run away," I told her and started walking back towards the pack house.

When she didn't follow I sighed, I hope she'll just come with me willingly.

I tugged on her arm and she started walking back with me slowly. The sparks flaring up my arm felt amazing. She had to feel them too, right?