Chapter 26

Cheyenne

The entire day I was pulled around by Shelby, but I didn't mind, I got to avoid Markus. I did want to see Casey and Sarah but I'll probably see them eventually.

I followed Shelby into a room that looked to be a game room. She ran to her brother, her hand still holding onto mine, who was hanging out in there with some other people.

"Cheyenne!" I heard and my eyes shifted to see Sarah and Casey in the small group of people and that they were moving towards me.

I smiled at them and gave them each a hug once they reached where I was. I really liked them, and I was getting much more comfortable in this house than I would like.

I still felt really out of place most of the time but with Shelby, Casey and Sarah around I felt fine. I still hadn't seen Jason or Antonio, I knew their faces from when they ran after Markus in the club, and I was glad.

With Markus, gosh, I didn't know what to feel. He looked at me kindly, but he frightened me a lot.

"So, Cheyenne, this is Elizabeth, Hayden and Kris," Sarah said gesturing to Elizabeth, a black haired girl with pretty gray eyes, Hayden, a blonde haired guys with a wavy, un-styled mohawk, and Kris, a guy with dark brown hair cut in a sort of emo hair cut.

They all smiled at me and Elizabeth said, "Cheyenne, it's so nice to meet you. I love your glasses," that made me adjust my glasses a bit and I smiled at her.

Thank you, I love your eyes, they are so pretty!

Everyone's heads turned when Stephan spoke the words I had signed out loud. I then explained that I couldn't talk due to damage to my vocal cords and that I should be fine soon.

"I heard you couldn't talk but I thought people just hadn't heard you speak yet," Casey said.

Why are people talking about me?

Again, they got distracted by Stephan talking for me and it took them a moment for them to realize Stephan wasn't speaking about himself.

"Oh just because you're new and people tend to notice new people," Kris answered for everyone.

Yeah, people notice new people after they were kidnapped. Twice.

~~

Markus

My mate had met a few members of the pack, but I couldn't wait for her to meet the rest of them. But, I couldn't wait for them to meet her more.

They would just love her!

'You're getting ahead of yourself, you guys can't even have a normal conversation. Stop thinking about the future and start focusing on how to make things right in the present,' my wolf told me, he was right. I needed to focus on making things right, so the future could be one I wanted to live in.

I had finished the orders for the new patrol patterns around the border and increased the security around the town.

I couldn't just focus on the pack house, my pack was important too, but it was all mostly to protect Cheyenne.

I really hated what I did to her, but if you just looked at the way she acted around others you wouldn't think she was kidnapped. It's so frustrating knowing that she'll probably never fully trust me, and even if she says she does, it would probably always be in the back of her mind.

I can't do anything without messing something up!

~~

Cheyenne

After the long day of hanging out with Shelby, Dylan, Sarah, Casey, Elizabeth, Hayden, and Kris I was finally left alone. It was fun but so many people at once, and all of them talking to me, was hard for me to handle.

The most people at once I ever dealt with was at college, and at the night club, but they were all either focused on studying (for the most part) or too drunk for me to care what they said to me. Unless, or course, if they were ordering a drink.

I groaned and flopped onto the bed, I would shower but I just really didn't care enough to even change. I fell asleep surprisingly comfy even in the jeans I was wearing.