Chapter 37

Sorry guys, I really wanted to have this chapter up before now but my Wattpad app on my phone wasn't functioning and then my phone stopped working so I had to get it fixed. I'm introducing a new POV in this chapter! I wanted to wait until I was into the story more before incorporating a new perspective of this all. Read below to find out who I've added!

Cheyenne

I was walking through a large field, the grass wasn't overgrown, making me wonder if deer or some other animals used it as a grazing spot. I was dressed in an off-white, knee length dress that flowed with the wind.

I was walking hand-in-hand with Markus, which confused me, but I wasn't frightened or angry with him. I seemed, content, blissful even. He smiled down at me as we walked through the field that just seemed to keep extending as we got closer to its edge.

The field was surrounded by pine trees, but they just seemed to stay the same distance from us and never got closer even as we walked toward them.

We stopped when we heard a branch snap in the trees in front of us and to the left. Slowly, dozens of wolves twice the size of a normal wolf stalked out of the trees and made their was towards us.

I tried to move back, but I couldn't, when I looked down my feet were woven into the ground with what looked like tree roots. Markus started making his way towards the wolves and stepped in front of me but then he stopped.

He pivoted on his feet to look at me and the loving look on his face slowly turned into one of complete hate. His body transformed into one that was the same as the other wolves, and they all ran at me. Markus became lost in the group of wolves, as they all looked the same. As they got closer they jumped and flew towards me. Their jaws opened and I opened my mouth to scream-

I sat up in bed shaking and gasping for breath. I had been having nightmares all night and they all revolved around Markus. That was the first one that I started off on good terms with him though. I tried putting it out of my mind, but I couldn't.

What if I did end up forgiving Markus, just to be suddenly exposed with his dark side again, for the last time?

~~

Owen

Chey has been missing for months now. The police haven't been looking for her at all, they said that there wasn't enough information to open up an investigation to search for her. So, I've been working on it alone with a few of Chey's close friends from college.

We ended up even finding footage of Cheyenne's kidnap by getting the security footage from multiple stores, but the police wouldn't listen to us. There was one person who would though, he couldn't open an investigation, but he could help us with things like getting us the owners of license plates and stuff like that.

Chey's friends Carmen, Ida, and Philip have been helping me search, but they all have college classes and work, while I also have to work. We've all moved into mine and Chey's apartment though, so we can cut back on working and have more time to investigate her disappearance.

I went on a coffee run, so we could all wake up. It was 6 AM on a Saturday, and we were all up late the night before, so we needed some help. Three iced coffees and one hot coffee for the four of us. Tom, the police officer who was helping us, would be here in a couple hours so I didn't have to worry about getting him coffee today.

As I waited in line to pick up my order, I looked at the photograph of Chey I kept in my wallet. There was no way I was going to give up without finding her; there was no way she would want me to.

~~

Cheyenne

By the time I had calmed down I was too awake to fall back asleep. I got up and walked over to the bathroom, shivering because I had been under the blanket on the bed. Once I got to the bathroom and closed the door behind me I pulled my hair back and rinsed my face with a medium temperature of water.

My neck had bruises covering it, and I studied them in the mirror. You could make out two hand shapes and I placed my hands in the patterns. It hurt when I touched them, causing my eyes to water. I left my hands there for a moment anyway, just looking at my self in the mirror. I studied my face as I removed my hands from my neck.

The dark circles under my eyes gave away the fact that I hadn't slept well at all and my eyes just looked sad. The crocodile tears didn't help, but it seemed like my eyes had just become a darker shade of brown. The messy bun I had put my hair into the day before, when I had been running in the forest, was half fallen out and was just a frizzy wreck.

I flipped my head over, along with my hair, and slowly got the hair tie out. I then started to work my fingers through my hair, detangling as much of it as possible. After carefully unknotting my hair I put it up into a simple ponytail.

I then went to the closet to decide on what to wear while I tried to avoid Markus as much as possible.