Chapter 16

|| The bold letters are when someone is talking in sign language! ||

Cheyenne

After Martha said I wouldn't be able to talk for a while they got someone that knew sign language, so I could like, communicate and stuff.

I insisted on taking a shower right then, mostly because I felt like I hadn't taken one in forever. I mean, ew!
After I stepped out of the shower, cold not hot cause hot water makes my skin all red, I looked in the mirror.

I was super pale, had huge dark circles under my eyes and my hair was a wet tangled mess around my face.

I turned around and moved the towel so I could see my back, I remembered the person, I'm not sure what his name was, wrote something in my back.

It was hard to read, it was already a pinkish scar, sloppy and backwards in the mirror.

Soon I figured out what it said and it scared and angered me greatly.

~~

Markus

Once my mate was in the shower connected to the hospital room, and I heard the water running, I went into the hallway to talk with Casey.

"Is her room ready for her to move back into?" I questioned.

She looked up from her coffee, "Yeah, Sarah and I put all the clothes away that we bought for her and we have fresh sheets for her bed, Sarah is putting them on now."

She looked like something was bothering her, "What's wrong?"

Casey sighed, "It's just that," she paused, "Don't people normally freak out after this type of thing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like after getting kidnapped and basically tortured," my fists tightened at the mention of what happened to her, "Then waking up from a coma, wouldn't she have been freaking out!?"

It made sense, "You're right, she is acting extremely calm for just being kidnapped. I wonder why."

~~

Cheyenne

After checking the rest of my body for scars, I realized that the one on my arm and my thigh were the only two that were still visible even though they were just fading scars now.

I picked up the clothes Casey had left for me on the sink, a sports bra, underwear, a giant sweater and fitted sweatpants.

I didn't lose a lot of muscle while I was asleep, which I still want to know how long that was, which was odd because I should've at least lost some if my wounds had enough time to heal already.

I combed through my hair and French braided it, too lazy to do anything else. I took the towel and hung it up on the glass side if the shower and opened the door to the room I was in before.

There were machines everywhere, most powered off since I wasn't hooked up to them, and the bed had been freshly changed while I was in the shower.

Next to the bed was a tray thing on wheels that was talk enough to go over the bed, so some one could eat while laying down, with multiple bottles of water and a bowl of what looked to be oatmeal.

"We weren't sure what you would want to eat," Markus spoke from the opposite corner of the room, making me jump at the sudden noise, "So we got you water and apple and cinnamon oatmeal."

Um, thanks, I guess.

"Uhh, I'm not really sure what you said, I can get Stephan to come back and translate if you want me to?" He said but it sounded more as a question than a statement.

I shrugged to him and pretended to write something down.

"Oh! You want to write! One minute." Markus walked to a table/desk thing against the wall that I hadn't noticed and grabbed a small notepad and a pen.

He handed them to me and I took them, being careful not to touch him. I sat down on the bed and started writing.

I handed it to him and he spoke what I wrote, "Can you please leave me alone? I'm super tired."

He handed them back and said, "Sure, but Dr. Martha will probably need to check on you soon."

I nodded and watched at he walked out, then face planted into a pillow.

~~

Markus

I won't lie, I was hurt that she wanted me to leave, but it wasn't very shocking. After all she went through, she should be wanting her mate's comfort, but I probably ruined that.

I had honestly put her through all of this, if I had won her over the right way instead of taking her then I would've been there to protect her from the rogues, and she would've known to have been more cautious.

It's all my fault.