Chapter 38

Markus

I was pacing around my office. I almost killed my mate! How on earth was that possible? I hadn't even realized what I was doing. It was like I was possessed or something.

I knew she needed her space from me and that she was definitely even more afraid of me, but I also knew that I had to make it up to her.

Just how can I fix almost killing the one I love?

~~

Cheyenne

I decided on a light gray turtleneck and a pair of looser jeans just incase I had to run and if any of the little kids in this place came to see me. I didn't want to have to explain the giant bruises on my neck to them. I also didn't want to see them if I looked in the mirror at all.

After I put the clothes on I just flopped back onto the bed. I was still freaked out by my dream and I didn't know what to make of it. The idea of ever trusting Markus seemed impossible, and that dream made it even more so.

I slowly sat up on the bed and stared at the window. I definitely needed some fresh air. I moved to the window and opened it in one swift movement. Cold air floated into the room I was in and soothed me. Ever since I was little, I had preferred being cold to being hot.

I climbed out of the room, and onto the roof. The metal roofing was cold to the touch and made me shiver when it made contact with my bare feet. I made my way up the roof and sat down where each side met the other. This was where I could probably keep my balance the best.

I had never been one to do anything dangerous, like climbing on a roof, but being here had been making me feel a lot different. I wasn't myself, but I wasn't sure what exactly had changed.

~~

Owen

So far we hadn't gotten any leads on Cheyenne's disappearance. We were waiting for so calls from Tom's associates. Philip and I were cleaning the kitchen so we could cook dinner while Ida and Carmen were both trying to find some leads as to whom kidnapped Chey. Tom was supposed to be helping but he got called onto an assignment and he couldn't let this get in the way of his work.

We all understood but we were still annoyed that it wasn't an official investigation. None of us were sure why the police hadn't listened to us, but we were determined to find Cheyenne no matter what.

Nothing was going to stop us.