Chapter 15

Markus

After the rogue false alarm, well they were there but they left soon after the warriors and I showed up, I took a shower before heading back to the pack's hospital.

I would be late getting back to see Cheyenne but I really needed a shower and I take super fast showers when I need to.

~~

Cheyenne

I eventually was able to open my eyes and look around, they had turned off the lights before they left so my eyes quickly adjusted.

I slowly sat up, sore from the wounds I got and from staying in the same position for however long I was asleep.

I wiggled my toes and rolled my shoulders back, beginning to stretch out my muscles.

Suddenly the door opened and the lights were turned on, causing me to flinch and shield my eyes from the bright light.

"Cheyenne!" a male's voice spoke.
A hand was placed on my shoulder, making my reflexes come in and I swung my arm in the direction that I figured the person was.

Before my arm could connect to anything though, a hand went around my arm. This completely killed any chance I had at fleeing away from the person.

"Cheyenne! I'm sorry for scaring you!" I pulled my arm away from the person I've now identified as Markus from his voice, and leaned back on it, still covering my eyes from the change in lighting.

My eyes soon adjusted to the light and I looked at Markus, trying to tell him to leave but when I opened my mouth to speak only a soft, scratchy noise came out of my mouth and pain erupted from my throat.

It felt like someone was violently stabbing my throat and my hands went to it while I held my breath, trying to get the pain to stop.

"Dr. Martha!" Markus shouted, "Cheyenne what's wrong?"

I turned my head away from him and squeezed my eyes shut, tears spilling out of them.

"What happened?" a woman questioned as she ran into the room an towards me.

"She tried saying something and then grabbed her throat and grimaced!"

When the lady tried to come near me I shook my head no and pushed myself away from her on the bed.

"Cheyenne, I know you've been through a lot, but I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to help," the woman, Dr. Martha, told me.

I shook my head again, and instead of speaking, rose my hands out in front of me.

No. Stay away from me.

Yes, I do know sign language.

'Trust her, let her help your throat get better. I can tell she has good intentions!'

And why should I trust you? You're a freaky voice in my head that just randomly showed up after I was kidnapped and in a coma!

"Cheyenne, please just let me explain to you what happen. I'm not sure what you just said, I don't know sign language but I'm sure you don't want me near you. You didn't speak for most of the time you were taken, then you put too much strain on your vocal cords and now they're damaged. They will heal but you have to let them and it will take time."

|| Two rather short chapters in a day, I hope that it was good and I'm stopping here because I have homework to do and I want to get a second one up. I hope you enjoyed! ||