Chapter 36

I know, I'm a terrible human being! I'm so sorry! I haven't posted in so long, and this chapter is super short. There have been a lot of things happening in my life recently, mix in a little writer's block and boom! No chapters for a super long period of time. I will try to keep updating at least weekly but I might be slow.

Cheyenne

I was interrupted in the middle of my thought process by new footsteps coming into Markus' room.

"Get away from the bed you two," I heard Casey's voice echo through the room. Both of their heads turned towards the demanding voice, Antonio automatically listened to his mate, and he took a few steps back from the bed. Markus, however, hesitated before stepping back, in a different direction than Antonio, but still giving me space.

Sarah's face soon appeared where Antonio's was, and Casey's where Markus' was. They both seem worried and as they looked at me, observing my appearance and state, their expressions turned to ones of shock.

Sarah was the first one to speak, "What did you two do to her?" It was clear in her voice I looked like, and was, a total wreck.

"How about we talk about that later, right now we need to make sure Cheyenne is okay," Casey suggested, making me grateful, I did not want to relive what had just happened.

"You're right," Sarah said, nodding to Casey then looked at me, "Cheyenne, please, come out from under there. Let's get you cleaned up."

After she spoke, Sarah reached her hand toward me, and I grabbed onto it without delay. I trusted them the most out of the everyone (excluding the children) in this place. I didn't move for a bit, I didn't want to see Markus, and I think Casey understood that.

"Can you two go down a floor, Cheyenne needs her space right now," she spoke, and I knew I owed those two after that. I heard a moment of silence before their feet started moving to the door.

After the echoes of them leaving ended I slowly crawled out from under the bed and stood up, only to be greeted by both Casey and Sarah giving me a hug. I was startled at first, but I calmed down after I realized I wasn't in any immediate danger anymore.

I started to cry once again, but more from being relieved than being frightened. We slowly made our way back to the room I had been living in, and we all sat down on the bed after shutting and locking the door. My body had still been shaking from the stress of that situation.

Now that I had a chance to calm down, I was extremely tired. I laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling from my spot in the center of the bed.

"Will you guys stay with me until I fall asleep?" I questioned Casey and Sarah.

"Of course we will!" Casey said without having to think about it.

"We wouldn't just leave you alone after whatever just happened," Sarah added, making me glad that I met them, even if I ha to get kidnapped to make that happen.

With that thought I drifted off into an uneasy sleep.