Chapter 44

Markus

Cheyenne was instantly five feet away and continuously backing away from us once she got free. She was extremely freaked out, and we didn't know why.

Antonio started to approach her, blocking her view of Jason and I, and held up his hands in a 'I mean no harm' way.

She seemed to just walk into him, and was still shaking, but her heartbeat wasn't quite as fast as it had been after she had Antonio in her line of vision. You would hear her crying into his shirt, and it was a bizarre sight, as she had just been arguing with all of us.

Jason and I exchanged confused glances and quickly but quietly made out way off the roof, making sure to stay as silent as possible.

Once we were off the roof and in through a window, I turned to Jason, "Any ideas as to what happened up there?"

"Markus, I have no clue what happened. She was about to say something, until she looked at me and started to freak out. It's like she saw something in my face that scared her," he told me, just as lost as I was.

I looked at him and said, "We need to get her out of here."

"We just have to go through with Antonio's plan," Jason replied.

I took a deep breath and look him in the eyes, "Okay, let's get this ready."

~~

Cheyenne

Konnor? Konnor?

No. It was Jason.

Jason as in he that helped to kidnap me with Antonio and Markus.

Wait, was there even a difference between the four of them? I mean, sure Konnor tortured me, but Markus almost killed me, and drugged me, and has scared me many times. The only actual difference is that Konnor didn't switch between acting kind and trying to kill me.

Once I finally caught my breath I realized that I was in Antonio's arms. "Antonio," I spoke, still shaking slightly, "I am going insane."

He hugged me tighter and replied, "You're not going insane; you just don't understand your surroundings."

"I'm sorry Cheyenne," I heard him whisper before feeling a prick in my neck and falling asleep.

~

When I awoke, my limbs were secured to a chair and Markus was leaning against the wall in front of me.

A few moments later Antonio and Jason walked into the small room and they all made eye contact with each other; as if they were checking to see if they were all ready. After they had exchanged eye contact, they all looked at me, which made me want to hide, as there was something very different in their eyes than there usually was when I saw them.

They soon walked towards me and knew that something serious was about to go down.