Chapter 40

Cheyenne

I was shocked, basketball wasn't really known as what little girls want to play. But I wasn't complaining, basketball had always been one of my favorite sports. I never played it in school or anything but I would mess around and play with my friends sometimes.

I quickly agreed and they instantly grabbed my hands, pulling me down the stairs. I stumbled after them, trying to keep up without tripping and tumbling down the stairs. They pulled me out of the house through a large glass sliding door.

They let go of my hands and ran down to a dirt trail placed in the woods that I hadn't noticed before. I quickly caught up and followed them and went left when the trail split into three parts. We soon came to an entire basketball court surrounded by a tall chain link fence.

They stopped just inside the fence and motioned for me to hurry up so jogged up to them and question, "So how are we going to play without a basketball?"

"Oh don't worry! We always keep one out here!" Shelby told me as Mandie went towards one of the hoops and stopped at its base. She opened up the bottom of it to reveal an orange basketball.

"Let's play!" Jenny shouted and ran to the middle of the court and waited for a pass from Mandie.

~~

A while later we were still playing, mostly just messing around though. We tried foul shots, then three pointers, then we went to half court. So far the three girls were all convinced they would get it before each other as I got the ball when them missed. I watched them take turns tossing the ball and not even make it close to the basket.

It was adorable, and none of them wanted to give up before the others.

"C, why aren't you trying?" Jenny questioned me.

"Well, because I don't have as much skill as you guys do. I definitely wouldn't be able to get it anywhere close to the basket," I explained to her.

"So? That doesn't mean you shouldn't try! It's just for fun anyway!" Mandie added.

I smiled at them, they were so sweet. They were so adorable as well and I couldn't deny them.

"I guess I will try, but no way am I holding back! I'm going to get it in before you guys!" I jumped up from my spot near them and ran towards them, picking up Shelby, who had the ball, "You guys better not hold back either!"

"Don't worry, we won't!" Shelby told me in between her giggling.