Chapter 13

Markus

After the bright light disappeared I found myself enveloped in darkness.

'You're unconscious,' my wolf spoke to me, 'The bright light overwhelmed your senses and you passed out.'

Dammit, can you tell if everyone is okay?

'I can tell that everyone from the pack is okay, not sure about Cheyenne and Harold since we don't have a connection with Harold and Cheyenne doesn't have a wolf.'

I thought that machine was supposed to turn her into a werewolf though?

'Well it obviously didn't work! If it had I would feel her wolf!'

Okay okay just wondering!

~10 minutes later~

After some time of ignoring my wolf I finally came to and immediately took in my surroundings.

My pack members were all laying around me on the floor, unconscious. I looked to where Harold was and he was in the same condition.

I ran to the giant machine and touched the handle, flinching when it was too hot to touch. If it was hot on the outside the inside must be an oven.

I slammed the door down with my side and found the inside to be cooler than I would've thought. It was sill warm though.

I stepped over the door and looked around, seeing a chain connected to a wall and a large metal cuff on the other end. It looked to have been broken open and my mate was laying on her side a few feet away from it.

Her breathing was shallow and I knew I needed to get her to a doctor.

I took off my black button up shirt and draped it around her shoulders, buttoning a few buttons to keep in on her. I carefully picked her up, left the house after awakening one of my pack members and started sprinting towards the pack house.

I contacted Dr. Martha, one of the pack doctors, through the mind link to tell her that we were on our way.

Dr. Martha, please get a room in the infirmary for my mate, she's unconscious and her breathing is shallow.

She immediately responded, Of course Alpha! It'll be ready when you arrive.

I focused all of my energy on moving faster to get Cheyenne back on pack territory.

~

Cheyenne

Pain. That's all I could feel, pain everywhere.

Darkness and pain.

'Cheyenne you're unconscious.'

I was startled by the voice echoing in my head.

W-who are you?

I didn't know it was possible to stutter in your mind.

'I am whatever you wish to call me.'

Why are you in my head? I questioned.

'I'm not in your head, I'm inside of you.'

W-what do you mean?

'The man that kidnapped you put me here and I am now one with your soul.'

~~

Markus

I was sitting beside my mate, Cheyenne, in a chair. She was so beautiful sleeping peacefully next to me.

We were still in the infirmary but Dr. Martha said she should be fine, physically, her wounds just needed to heal.

I didn't ask what Konnor, Harold's brother, carved into Cheyenne's back, and I didn't plan to. She can tell me when she's ready to.

Martha said it might be some time before she wakes up because her body needs some time to heal, but I was going to wait there until she woke up.