Chapter 45

Cheyenne

Once they had all reached my chair they stood in a triangle shape around me, and I instinctually let out a sarcastic remark, "Great, now am I part of some satanic sacrifice?"

They looked at each other again, at least Antonio and Jason did as I could not see Markus but rather I could sense his presence behind me, and Antonio let out a laugh while Jason rolled his eyes. After they had shared that moment, a silence fell over the room. The only thing I could hear was the sound of myself breathing.

Seeming to know the situation was not one that I wanted to be in, my palms started to sweat. I couldn't read the body language of Jason or Antonio, not that that was much of a surprise. Behaving consistently did not seem to be in their nature, and I was never sure if I could or couldn't trust them.

As I was scanning their faces and body language, looking for some type of prediction of what they were up to, they started to simultaniously walk in a circle around the chair I was in. Jason quickly disappeared from my view, as they were walking in the direction that cause him to head behind me towards Markus, Antonio following behind him.

Once Markus appeared in my vision I immediately started studying his face to look for clues as to how serious things were. He was looking straight ahead, and wore what I could only describe as a solemn expression. He looked more sad than anything else, but why I wasn't sure.

As they continued travelling around me, I couldn't bring myself to break the silence in the room, so the only noise for the time was the steady beat of their syncronised footsteps against the concrete beneath us. Once they had travelled three times around me, I counted, they started on their fourth time, but all stopped in time with each other, when Markus was directly in front of me.

The three partners surged at her together and surrounded me. Their hands met at three points on the chair, two of them being my owns hands that rested on the chair's arms, and the other being what felt to be the back of the chair above my head. Both of Markus's hands rested on mine, with Antonio's on top of his on my left, and Jason's doing the same on my right. Their other hands could be found behind me on the chair's back.

The sudden closeness of all three of the men made my breath catch in my throat for a moment, and before I was able to breathe again Markus' face was within a foot from my face. My eyes widened as I studied his face, noticing that his eyes were filled will tears.

We stayed like that for a few minutes. Him, staring deeping into my eyes, and me watching him back to try to predict his next move. Jason and Antonio were probably watching the exchange and wondering what was going through our minds, but I couldn't bring myself to look at them as I didn't want to break the moment we were having and have to face what would come after.

Markus pressed his forhead against mine after we had stared at each other for a few minutes, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut. I found myself unable to move anything other than my eyelids, and I froze in fear. Not even my toes would wiggle at my command.

Now I was worried I was part of some sort of satanic sacrifice.

~~

Markus

Using this on Cheyenne made me feel guilty, but I decided it was something that I could just ad to the stack of things to feel guilty about with her. This stalling charm is rarely used any more these days, and has only ever been used on rouge wolves and enemies of the pack; we weren't even sure if it would work on my mate.

When I opened my eyes and saw the fear in her eyes, I knew it had worked. Chey's eyes were jumping around and she looked very frantic. When you transform into your wolf form, you get a taste of being trapped within your body, but this charm would definitely make the experience worse.

'Markus,' Antonio started to mindspeak to me, 'Are you sure about this? Even if you do manage to fix things, the betrayl she'll feel after-'

'I know! But, she can't be trapped here anymore. I can't handle seeing her so desperate to escape from me, and she doesn't deserve to deal with that either,' I lifted my head off of Chey's and responded so that only him and Jason could here. Jason and Antonio shared a quick glance, then looked back at me and nodded in confirmation. I nodded back and returned to my original position against Chey so that we could continue.

Once my forhead made contact with Cheyenne's, her eye's met mine once again and I took a few moments to try to calm her down with my eyes. However, my efforts seemed to have the opposite effect as her breathing started to quicken and her eyes darted around again.

~~

Cheyenne

I didn't want to open my eyes. Seeing my frozen body would just make things real. But I had to see what the Markus was up to, so I forced my eyes open.

Instead of looked at Markus, my eyes immediately scanned my body, it looked normal, aside from the ties at my wrists and ankles tying me to the chair. They were actually using some strange magic on me!

My breath seemed to hide from me as I tried to find the strength to move myself in anyway. My fingers couldn't even fidget at my command. As I struggled against the invisible force on my body, my throat continued to constrict.

I was trapped in a prison made from my own body.