Chapter 43

*Okay I fixed my really terrible mistake in this chapter! I had accidentally left my basic plans for part of it in instead of the actual writing so I apologize!*

Markus

"Markus I know this is important to you but you can't just release her in the state she's in. That would be putting the entire pack and the three of us in danger," Jason tells me, as if I don't already know that.

"I'm aware of that Jason, that's why we are here to try to think of a way to release her but having her not completely hate us!" I explain to him, my voice laced with sarcasm and a large, but obviously fake, smile on my face.

"Guys bickering isn't going to help," Antonio states, "We should all just sit down and think about the problem."

Jason and I both agreed with Antonio, and we all took seats around my office, letting silence overtake the room as we think about the issue at hand, Cheyenne's release.

I've been trying to come up with a way to let her go without getting anyone here in trouble, as when I became Alpha I swore my pack would always come first.

"I don't want to risk telling her about our secret and then have her telling others. They'd either not believe her, and treat her as if she were crazy, or people would investigate the situation to see what was truly going on, even if they didn't believe it was werewolves, and we could all get exposed," I stated, "So we can't just try telling her and then letting her go."

Antonio then leaned forward in his chair, suddenly overtaken by a thought, "I have an idea."

Cheyenne

Markus looked at me, completely in shock at my little rant. It was probably the most words I had said in all the time I had been here and I was just over him being oblivious to what he had put me through.

He soon came out of his shock and, with a saddened look on his face, spoke the word, "Now," which, is never a good thing.

From behind me two pairs of hands gripped the roof where there would be windows. As soon as their hands hit the metal, Antonio and Jason were on the roof and coming towards me, as was Markus. They were somewhat slow coming, compared to in the woods, as they obviously weren't used to the metal roofing.

"Stay away," I spoke, while maneuvering away from the three of them and toward the other end of the house. They continued to follow, everyone moving slowly. I was walking on a ridge backwards on the roof, and they were watching me carefully.

Suddenly, Antonio steps onto the ridge and Jason and Markus slow down a bit, not by much, but it was enough to be noticed.

"Cheyenne, can we please go talk somewhere that is not the roof?" He asked.

"Listen, I'm not prepared to just sit and talk peacefully, because obviously you aren't in this whole kidnapping thing to hurt me, I don't know about Jason, and Markus seems like he cares about me one second and wishes I was dead the next. So, you tell me why, when at this point I might have the upper hand, I would go and talk peacefully with my abducters?"

"Cheyenne, Markus doesn't want you dead. He just has a bad temper sometimes. Which is part of the explanation, if you would just come with us," he continued, as he walked towards me.

"No!" I shouted, stumbling backwards, "You guys are crazy and I don't trust you!" I used my hands for added effect, which was my mistake, as that added to my stumbled caused me to trip on the ridge.

Antonio reached forward and caught me, but I pushed away, causing me to lose my balance and stumbled backwards down the side of the roof.

Jason was there to help me regain my balance, but as soon as I felt his hands on my arms I flinched away. This time, pulling away didn't work as Jason's grip was too tight. My breathing began to speed up and I didn't know what to do.

"Are you alright?" Jason asked me.

I opened my mouth to respond, but the words caught in my throat. I looked him in the eye and Konnor's face flashed over Jason's.

I started to shake, and repeatedly attempted to pull myself away from him as my eyes started to fill with tears.

Markus

I saw my mate look Jason in the eye as she was about to respond to his question of if she was alright, and her whole demeanor changed.

She started to freak out, her heart beat became rapid and she was shaking. She wouldn't stop trying to rip herself free from Jason's grip.

I started rushed to her side to try to see what was wrong when she got free of Jason's hands.