Chapter 6

Cheyenne

I was sad when Casey and Sarah had to leave, I seriously hated being alone unless I was in the mood to be.

They ended up talking me into giving them my clothing sizes so they could buy me clothes. Anything to get out of Mr. Creepy-Pants' (I'd rather not call him by his name unless I have to) sweats.

They left saying that they'd bring me my clothes tomorrow, after I told them my style and the types of clothes I like. Hoodies, sweaters, jeans, jean shorts, crop tops, tank tops, basically everything that I liked to wear.

I even gave them my shoes size, asking for anything in red or black, since I woke up without my shoes on.

I closed the door and flopped down onto the bed. I sighed as some of my, now dry, black hair fell out of the bun and into my face.

I groaned as I got up and went into the bathroom and grabbed the brush that I had found in there earlier. I took out my hair and shook it out. I slowly started brushing through it, starting at the ends and working my way upward.

My hair was curled from the bun and it went over my shoulders in waves. I brushed all the hair to one side and four strand braided it.

I went slowly, making it look good, and sighed when I was done. Now I had nothing to do but breathe.

Wait a second.

I never went through the desk! I got distracted!

I quickly walked to the desk and sat down in the chair. I pulled open the top drawer on the left and found some lined paper and a few pens and pencils.

I felt the top of it and didn't feel anything so I moved on to the one under it.

In that one I found a wireless keyboard and mouse with the little thing you plug in to sink them to the computer/laptop. I felt the top of that one too and found nothing.

The one underneath it had nothing at all, in it or on the top.

I moved to the right side and opened the drawers on that side finding nothing until I got to the bottom drawer. There wasn't anything in it but when I shut it there was money on the floor.

I picked it up and counted six $100 bills.

What kind of people just leave $600 laying around? I just placed it in the top drawer on the left, not knowing what to do with it.

I turned around and saw the dresser but I decided to skip it because it was most likely empty, I'd check it out when I had to put clothes away.

~~

Markus

After taking care of the rogues, which just turned out to be two scared children, I headed back to the house.

I walked up to the first floor and heard talking in my mate's room. I paused for a moment and listened, "Sorry but it's the bartender code of honor, no sharing the secrets to non-bartenders."

I just rolled my eyes at her, yeah right, there's no such thing. I sighed, wishing for the chance to talk to her, but I knew I had to take it slow and earn her trust.

'Good luck with that one,' my wolf told me, 'Trust the person who kidnapped you, I doubt it.'

I get that you're angry at me for doing that and I'll admit, it was stupid of me but can you just drop it!

'No I can't, it's your fault if we have to keep her locked up in this house forever!'

What are you talking about?

'I'm talking about when you won't be able to get her to trust you! She'll never stop trying to run so you'll have to have her locked up for the rest of her life!'

I shut my wolf out and went into my room. I didn't slam the door, not wanting to disturb my mate and Sarah and Casey.

I lied down on the bed and thought about my wolf's words, realizing how true they were.

If my mate doesn't accept me, I'll have to lock her up for the rest of her life.