2. Endless Arguments

Francesco and Costanzo were at the lunch table listening to their uncle saying prayers before the meal could start. As they had entered the dining room, Francesco had reached for the bread and butter but his uncles intimidating silent stare had put him off totally and now he was sitting with his head bowed waiting silently like Costanzo for their uncle to finish.

Once their uncle finished he spoke "You may start now. I hope you try all the food on this table. All the vegetables like the fresh peppers and tomatoes in the meals in this house are from the green house in our garden. The fish is also from the lake on this property. The chef also goes into alot of trouble making the linguine from scratch. The wine is also from the winery I opened a few months ago in the wood shed at the far side of my private property. The wine from the winery is of course is not for sale. Its for home use only."

Costanzo spoke as he was sipping from his soup "Uncle. Where do your.... business partners eat? how come we are alone in this dining room. But when we go outside they follow us everywhere."

Uncle piero spoke "They eat in a separate dining room. As you can see this mansion is quite big. They are also not my business partners. They are my soldiers or guards if you like to call them. i refer to them as business partners in public only. I have no partners in business. I am not like your father who goes global with his business deals and makes enemies in every city he steps foot in. I only do local."

Francesco started coughing and poured himself some water and after he drank a full glass he spoke " You are mistaken uncle. Our father hardly ever makes enemies in any city he enters. Even when he does, he does not keep them alive,... not for long anyways. Also why are you hiding your main business uncle. We both know you are selling illegal weapons to your contacts in mexico and south America so you are a risk taker like my father. With all due respect, I wish to be forward here and tell you directly that I don't undertand why you try to lie to us about your main source of income."

Piero looked up from his plate and spoke "Careful Francesco. Just becuase you are my nephew, it doesn't mean I wont backhand you for disrespecting me. I am not lying. My business is local. I sell illegal arms to my contacts in Texas. They are not foreigners. They are Americans. What they do with the weapons is their choice. So the next time you wish to confront me, think before you speak."

Francesco spoke in a lower tone "Forgive me uncle." He then carried on eating.

Piero knew Francesco wish to speak more so he spoke "I allow you to speak your mind. I know there is more you wish to speak to me about. But .. be respectful."

Francesco wasn't sure if he could be respectful. He was very outspoken and he had suffered so many beatings at his fathers hands because of it over the years. Not that it ever deterred him from further offences. He liked to be blunt and direct without caring much for the consequences. He spoke "I apologise in advance for what I am about to say. I don't hold back, ever. i always speak my mind. And it seems to me right now that .... you are hiding in this small town instead of joining my father at the front line. What are you trying to gain by sticking to easy jobs. You are a Rosario like my father. We are risk takers. We take on our enemies head on unlike you who let your so called Texan contact to act on your behalf." His chest was raising and falling with rage. He wanted so badly to call his uncle a coward but he didn't dare. Even he knew there were going to be consequences if he addressed his uncle that way.

It was Costanzo who spoke next "I am sorry for my brothers forward talking uncle. He doesn't even know what he is talking about......"

Piero nodded towards Costanzo "That is alright Costanzo. Your brother is allowed to let off some steam. He is new to my household. Today is an exception and i would tolerate his unacceptable conduct. But I wont be as patient with his outburts from this day onwards."