32. Frustration With The Guests

Francesco held the door open for Adele to get off the car. They had now arrived back at his compound after their ride from their date at the ice skating rink that had been interrupted.

As Adele stepped off the car and looked around she got curious at the change at her surroundings. She asked "Francesco, why are there so many of your guards walking around and all are armed ready to shoot?"

Francesco spoke "Don't worry sweetheart. Its probably because Georgio Canavaro and his people have arrived early. My security is at its highest when another mob boss visits me. Even though Georgio is working under me now, its just routine. Now lets go inside." He then held her hand and Adele let him to lead her inside.

As Francesco was walking her to her room, he stopped at a door that Adele recognised as the room where the night before Francesco had been hanging those poor souls from the ceiling and was about to kill that man, Marcel. He opened the door and luckily no one was hung from the ceiling. Instead, Francesco's men had spread across the room and in the far corner there seemed to be two strange faces sitting down on sofas. Adele guessed that they must be Georgio and his sister Georgina. They were wearing black most likely due to their father being shot the night before.

As Francesco and Adele approached them, the two siblings stood up. Francesco whispered to Adele "Sit down on a sofa sweetheart while I deal with business." Adele complied and sat down and watched as Francesco approached Georgio. To Adele's frustration she witnessed her least favourite gesture. He bent over and kissed Francesco's hand and stood up. He spoke "Thank you for agreeing for our family business to be protected by you. I am very grateful to your kindness." He then looked back at his sister and spoke "Georgina..."

Georgina sighed and bowed her head slightly and spoke while looking down "Me too. I would like to express my gratitude to you as well for protecting us." She then looked up and her eyes caught Adele for the first time. Until then she had refused to acknowledge her presence and even glance at her just like her brother who's stare wasn't leaving Francesco's or the floor. Georgina then turned to Francesco and spoke "May I meet this young lady you are associated with?"

Francesco narrowed his eyes "I don't appreciate anyone looking at my beloved or speaking to her unless she wishes it. Next time don't make this mistake. Wait for her to acknowledge you. Didn't they tell you the rules at the door?"

Francesco turned to Adele and spoke softly "Sweetheart. Would you mind meeting the Canavaros? You don't have to interact with them if you don't want to."

Adele was surprised to be asked such question but she shrugged and smiled "Of course. I would like to meet them."

Francesco turned to Georgina "You are allowed to speak to her."

Georgina walked to Adele and offered her hand "Nice to meet you. I am Georgina."

Adele felt very intimidated by Georgina. She was tall and had a strong build. Adele smiled at her and shook her hand "Why don't you take a seat next to me."

Georgina smiled and complied.

Francesco was looking closely at Georgina the whole time. He then turned to Georgio "This is my girlfriend Adele that I told you about awhile ago back in college. We will marry soon so her family is part of mine. You and your men must respect her well whenever you come visit me or our deal is off and I would be very angry."

Georgio glanced at Adele and said "Hi. I am Georgio." He then looked at Francesco "I assure you that my men and I would respect this lady and if anyone glances at her the wrong way, I would punish them myself."

Francesco nodded "Very good. I am glad we have an understanding."

Georgio spoke "May I ask where Antonio and Costanzo are? Wouldn't they be present in our meeting?"