45. Complicated Life ( Last chapter)

The next time Adele opened her eyes, it was in response to the rays of sunshine lighting up the bedroom and making her alert that it was time to wake up.

She saw Francesco standing a a few steps away from the bed and looking outside the window while having a glass of orange juice in his hand. She bit her lip as she admired the muscles of his shirtless back. He was only wearing his pyjama pants and looked so handsome from that angle even though while he was wearing very little. Francesco now seemed more attractive to her. She had seen changes in him during the events of yesterday that had made her believe Costanzo could have a point about her being able to change Francesco. But she still wasn't sure how she could deter Francesco from hurting others. It was all by luck she had managed to utter some words in her panic to soften Francesco when they were at the picnic and changing his intentions of killing Michael. It was also only coincidence she had managed to convince Francesco in late evening hours to sympathise with his brother.

She shuddered at the memory of what had lead to her involvement. Antonio had come to her bedroom and had woken her up. He had begged her to go to Francesco to save Costanzo from a serious battering that was going to go his way. Antonio had managed to find an excuse to come to her before setting off for Sancia's mansion. Antonio wasn't that useful in giving her much to work with. All he had told her was Costanzo had gone to a see a woman that Francesco didn't approve of and Costanzo was going to be beaten within an inch of his life for seeing her without seeking approval of Francesco in prior. Apparently Costanzo was warned years ago that he wasn't going to approach Sancia unless Francesco allowed him to after the heartache she had caused Costanzo in the past and disrespecting the Rosarios by doing so.

The rest of the evening was a blur. She had immediately gone to Francesco's meeting room and with methods that made her blush to recall now, she had managed to get Francesco to tell her what was the commotion around the mansion about. She then couldn't remember how she had gone on to manage to convince Francesco to take it easy on his brother. She wished she had written down what she had said or done exactly to calm him down. Her memory was hazy since Francesco had given her a few drinks in between their talk as they had discussed Costanzo. Maybe it was the effect of alcohol too that had softened up Francesco besides Adele's actions that she couldn't remember. Who knew? But for some reason she remembered how the meeting with Costanzo had gone. Maybe the alcohol had slowly worn off by then.

That was when Francesco turned around while finishing off his juice and putting it down on a table. Adele quickly closed her eyes shut and pretended to sleep. She didn't want to admit to him that she had been watching him silently all this time.

Francesco smiled and sat on the edge of the bed " I know you are awake sweetheart." He then started tickling Adele making her laugh hard and moving away from him to the edge of the bed.

Francesco stopped tickling her and spoke "Fine. I will stop now but don't try to trick me again..... But again I love to tickle you and see you smile."

Adele spoke "What is the plan for today Francesco? I feel like I have a hang over from the effects of alcohol in my system. I am so confused. I don't remember half of the previous evening."

Francesco gave her a mischievous smile " Don't worry sweetheart. I remember everything. More than anything I loved how you gave me a massage."

Adele's eyes widened " I did what? No way. Why would I do that?"

Francesco shrugged " You just came into my office. Then I told you all about what was going on around the mansion and what was with the men and their extra weapons. Then we had drinks and talked about Costanzo. That's when my ....... favourite part happened. You told me I looked too tired and you could fix it. Then you gave me a massage."