6. If She Could Turn Back Time

Adele had no idea what Francesco was planning to do next. Adele watched Francesco's next move closely. Francesco stood up with a passive and cold expression on his face and walked away.

Adele turned to Costanzo worriedly " What is he going to do?"

Costanzo sighed " Isn't it obvious. Since there were no witnesses to your conversation, he is going to go to the girl and ask her himself."

Adele saw how Francesco's actions confirmed this. He walked to Lily's table and whispered something in her ear and turned around and walked back looking pleased.

Adele's heart broke at the horrified expression on Lily's face. She was covering her mouth and sobbing hard. The kids at her table rushed to her and embraced her and were whispering words. What had Francesco said to her?

As Francesco sat down Adele spoke " Tell me. What did you tell her. Why is she crying?"

Francesco spoke " Of course she is crying. Nobody gets between a Rosario and what he wants and gets away with it."

Adele gasped " What are you saying "

Francesco shrugged " I told her to watch her back from now on. I told her I am coming for her."

Adele gasped " You are unbelievable. Why would you say that? Are you a thug?"

Francesco frowned " Of course I am not a thug. I am far from it."

Adele coughed " You just walked to some random girl and whispered threatening words to her. Of course this makes you a thug."

Francesco narrowed his eyes " I am no thug. I am well above that. I am a high class criminal who aspires to be a mob boss one day."

Adele was shaking her head. The truth behind his words hit her hard. She whispered without thinking what she was saying " So she was right. You are dangerous. She warned me but I didn't believe her. She said your family is in a mob."

Francesco said " I knew it. So that girl told you we are dangerous mobsters. You just admitted you lied. I look forward to making you pay for lying to me."

Adele covered her mouth and thought about what she had just said. She had put Lily in danger by admitting to Francesco she had discussed his family. Adele read enough articles in newspapers to know how dangerous anyone working with a mob could be. Lily could die. Adele brought down her hand and then spoke urgently "Look. I don't care what you do to me but please leave that girl out of this."

Francesco pretended to think and then spoke "No. I don't think so. She tried to turn you against me before I even got the chance to get to know you. Why should I spare her?"

Adele's voice trembled "Are you .... going to .... kill her?"

Francesco laughed "No. Where would be the fun in that. There are more interesting things to do. My uncle owns the Towns hospitals and the police station so I am going to be quite creative here. I will have so much fun with getting revenge on her family."

Adele gasped "What. Your uncle owns the two hospitals? and .... the Police? How is that possible?"

Francesco sighed " I guess, there is so much you need to learn here. Your parents technically work for my uncle. The new hospital like the old one is a branch of The Rosario Private Hospitals which is funded and managed by the Rosario Group. My uncle also owns the town's police station. Recently all the police members of the towns security services were made redundant and replaced by my uncles candidates. Basically, there came a point when he had enough of the hassle of having to clean up any mess when police were involved by some traitor or crazy idiot who reported his activities so he thought he may as well own the police in this place too. Owning the hospital is more handy though."