Bonus Chapter 1 (3 Years Later after meeting)

Francesco was standing in a corner of a ballroom sipping from his can of soda. It was party time. He had turned eighteen and so had Emanuelle O'Neil.  It was their joint birthday party. They had been born hours apart. He had no idea why. What kind of cruel joke of nature was this. Sharing a birthday with Emanuelle had its blessings. At least he was not the only subject of attention in the room. Emanuelle was good at being charming and attract all the attention so people left Francesco in peace just like how he wanted it. His birthday did not mean much to him. He didn't have Adele. What did it matter how old he was? It was just one more day going past that he got closer to seeing Adele. He knew he was in for a long wait until he was allowed to see her. He had his fears. What if she moved on? But there was nothing he could do but wait.

Emanuelle walked to Francesco with two ice cream tubs. He smiled " Here you go. Have some ice cream."

Francesco rolled his eyes " Do I look like I want ice cream?"

Emanuelle shook his head " No. I just think you should have some since your aunt Patricia just had them delivered and she is watching us. At least have some to be polite."

Francesco took the ice cream tub from his hand " It is not poisoned. Is it?"

Emmanuelle laughed " Why would I want to poison you? You are not Arturo. I have tried spiking his food so many times to have a laugh. Not to kill him of course but to maybe knock him out and scare off his parents but someone apparently has told him I have such intentions tonight. He told his father and his father told mine.... Lets say if Arturo gets sick tonight so will I when I get home. I wonder who told Arturo I wanted to prank him tonight."

Francesco put a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth and spoke " Give it a rest... This ice cream is delicious."

Emanuelle frowned " Did you tell him? Did you tell Arturo?"

Francesco looked at O'Neil with narrowed eyes " I don't give a damn about your competition with Arturo. Anna told him probably. She has been following me around alot today. So she did it. Do you have a problem with that?"

Emanuelle chuckled " Do I look like I want to die? No. Of course I have no problem. Anna is a special case...."

The youth carried on eating ice cream silently. That was when Arturo walked to them.

Emanuelle leaned to the wall and hid behind Francesco "Get rid of him. Will you? I might smash his face when he comes closer. He has been offending my girl quite a few times tonight."

Francesco finished his tub of ice cream and walked towards Arturo. He reached him and stated "Stop pushing Emanuelle's buttons tonight. You will back off making offensive comments about Sancia or it would become a bigger issue than you might think tonight."

Arturo stated " His girl can make her own defense. She is quite vocal...."

Francesco put his hand on his shoulder "You are in his grand parents' home. Watch what you say."

Arturo smirked and put his hands on his hips "Are you his lawyer Francesco? The last time I checked you weren't."

Francesco shook his head "You are asking for it tonight. I will not warn you twice."

Arturo's playful tone vanished " I would back off tonight. Relax... No need to threaten me, man." Arturo could see when he had to stop. A glint came into Francesco's eyes when he was close to be pushed to the edge. He didn't want to be that someone who did that. Sometimes Arturo became jealous of how Francesco defended O'Neil and how they looked out for each other. They briefly went to the same school years ago but then they had drifted apart as their fathers had decided to home school them. Arturo had to go back to Italy and live there to be home schooled, leaving Francesco and Emanuelle O'Neil in New York. Occassionally he had business trips back to the United States when his father demanded it. No matter what happened, Francesco had O'Neil's back which made it hard to get back at him.

Francesco nodded "Good. I am glad we have an understanding." He then walked back to O'Neil leaving Arturo to change his route to a different direction.

Francesco walked upto O'Neil " What do you see in Sancia that others don't. She is quite unpopular. "

O'Neil shrugged "I see in her what you see in Adele."

Francesco sighed " Still, you putting everything on hold for her is crazy. You are chasing her to london to go to college there just for her."

O'Neil crossed his arms over his chest and spoke defensively "You would go to college where Adele goes, if you could. Right? So I only do what you would do if you were allowed to do.... But, I would be back in no time. The program needs relocation back to the college you go to, one term every year and we get to have placements near to each other so its not so bad."

O'Neil felt quite special that he could say Adele's name without getting a punch from Francesco. He was the only one that could talk about Adele with Francesco. He felt sorry for his best friend who was like a brother to him. He deserved better than this. Emanuelle felt lucky to be able to be with the woman he loved throughout his college years. A luxury that Francesco definitely didn't have. But Francesco could handle it since he was no ordinary guy. He had been raised by one of the strictest fathers. Paulo Rosario was a control freak for sure. So a son who lived by his laws was one that you couldn't beat in any game. Nothing hurt Francesco. Nothing intimidated Francesco. Nothing mattered except his Adele. O'Neil for sure wanted to meet this woman who had captured Francesco's heart. Who was this woman?