41. Trying Hard

Adele nervously walked behind Antonio towards Francesco's room. She was worried sick. She knew she had to be more careful around Francesco. He had Michael's life in his hands and so did Adele in some ways. She had to behave herself to protect Michael and others she loved.

As she walked into the meeting room, she found Francesco standing at the door waiting and smiling at her " You look better sweetheart. I guess the fresh air was good for you. Your brother is not such a useless doctor after all, it seems." He then turned to Antonio and spoke coldly " You go have dinner in the guest dining hall unless you want to dine with the other employees in the canteen outside. Adele and I will dine in the main dining hall alone. We need some privacy."

Antonio whispered "Yes boss." and he left.

Adele bit her lip looking at Francesco speaking nervously " Could we possibly ......... go outside for a walk first.......... Please."

Francesco smiled " Sweetheart, it's quite cold out there. I don't think I want you to catch a cold. The afternoon gets chillier at this time."

Adele spoke " Please. Lets go for a walk. I will wear thicker clothes then if it helps put your mind at ease."

Francesco sighed " Fine." He then grabbed Adele's hand and lead her to the bedroom and held the door open for her to enter and turned on the light. He closed the door behind them and let go of Adele. " Five minutes to get changed. Is that enough sweetheart?"

Adele nodded and walked to the wardrobe. As she was thinking about what to wear, she felt Francesco wrapping his hands around her stomach. He whispered " Do you have any idea how irresistible you are to me Adele. I love you so much Angel. When are you going to fall in love with me again? Tell me? What do I have to do to make you love me again? You said you loved me ten years ago. So it shouldn't be too hard to resurrect those feelings you had for me all those years ago."

Adele's eyes widened. She really wanted to avoid such conversations. She took a deep breath and spoke " You gave me five minutes to get changed. You know how you are with your rules. Let me go. I need to get ready for our walk."

Francesco kissed the side of Adele's head and chuckled " This discussion won't go away sweetheart. We need to talk about our relationship."

Adele spoke " And we will. Just let me get changed. We will go outside and then .... we will talk. Can you wait that long?"

Francesco spoke " Of course, darling. For you, I can wait. Pick something warm." He then let go of Adele and walked away from her.

Adele sighed in relief and picked some warm clothes and got changed in the bathroom. When she came out she saw Francesco sitting on their bed wearing a grey coat. She blushed at the sight. She actually found Francesco very handsome but this grey coat brought the colour of his eyes out. He just looked very charming.

Francesco walked to Adele took her hand and spoke " Sweetheart, what's wrong. Why are you motionless suddenly looking deep in thought? Are you ok?"

Adele nodded and spoke " It's nothing. It's just that ..... I like your coat. It looks nice in you. You look handsome in grey."

Francesco smiled brightly "Really? It's the first time you have ever paid me a compliment ever since you have arrived here. I like your outfit too." He then leaned over and kissed Adele's forehead. He then whispered " Lets go sweetheart."

"Wait." she whispered " Am I still needed for meet the Hollywood designers? It's getting abit late for business meetings. Don't you think?"

Francesco spoke " It's not your bed time yet Adele. I think you can manage a few more hours dealing with a designer pitch. As for business meetings, I should inform you that business men in New York don't sleep on time most of the time. It's never too early or too late to do business in this city. But tell me Adele, are you trying to avoid meeting the Hollywood designers for some reason? Tell me the truth sweetheart."