37. Dark Moments (Part 2)

Antonio was in the game room playing billiard when a knock on the door interrupted his game. Antonio spoke " Come in and state why you are disturbing me right now. The meeting with our boss doesn't start any time soon."

It was Costanzo who entered. "It's me. I need your help."

Antonio raised an eyebrow " What do you want now?"

Costanzo closed the door behind him and spoke carefully " I saw Francesco was angrily dragging Adele to the cellar a few minutes ago. I know he won't hurt her but still it doesn't look good...."

Antonio spoke "That girl has been in this house for two days. Of course she is bound to get our boss this angry somehow. She will learn from her mistakes. Do you want to play some billiard?"

Costanzo walked to Antonio "Seriously. Didn't you hear what I just said? Francesco has taken Adele down to the cellar......"

Antonio sighed "And you are telling me this because ..."

Costanzo spoke "Come on. We have to do something. We have to go down there and look out for her."

Antonio walked to Costanzo and stood in front of him "We should stay here. I know it doesn't sound good if Francesco has taken Adele with him down to that hell hole but how can we be of any help. Adele is trouble from how I see it either way. She must have done something to upset Francesco. let her learn her lesson the hard way and you said it yourself. Francesco won't hurt her."

Costanzo spoke " Do you really want to sit here and do nothing? That's not like you at all but firstly can you at least Stop talking about Adele in that way? She is an innocent girl who is just unlucky to have caught my brothers attention. She does not know how evil Francesco's intentions are and what goes on in his criminal mind so she has some hiccups here and there. It's not her fault. She doesn't know Francesco like we do."

Antonio spoke " I don't want to get involved. If you want to throw yourself there, then suite yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you if Francesco kicks you out of the cellar. That's if you are lucky. I am sure he will break your other arm too or more actually if you dare interfere. But think about it. It could make things worse if you interfere when she is involved since Francesco cares so much about her."

Costanzo spoke " I will dive in to help her in a heart beat if I can do anything....... and so should you. Come on man....... You owe me Antonio."

Antonio spoke " Are you kidding me? Not a chance."

Costanzo spoke " You owe me. I saved your life many times in the past. How many times did I push you out of the way when there was gunfire coming your way?"

Antonio spoke " Cousin... What was the point of saving my life back then if you are pushing me now to die? Interfering with Francesco's personal affairs involving his woman can lead to my downfall. I will do anything for you willingly but I don't really want to commit suicide by coming between our boss and his woman. You should know the dangers yourself."

Costanzo spoke " No one has asked you to come between Francesco and Adele. I just expect you to use some of your negotiating skills if needed to help her out. Come on. She did the same for your woman. Didn't she. Adele saved Georgina from Francesco. You have to try at least."

Antonio sighed in defeat " I won't forgive you if he kills me though. I will help her if it doesn't have a death risk. Sure. Don't you think I know how much I owe her for what she did for Georgina? I am grateful to her but ...... I don't want to die." He then walked to the door and Costanzo followed him and whispered " No one is asking you to die either. Just be there for her."

As Antonio and Costanzo made their way towards the cellar, Antonio sounded annoyed "I can't believe you are dragging me into this. Why am I listening to you?"