23. A Rosario's Expectations

Adele watched as Francesco broke away from her and walked to the door. She was petrified of what Francesco was going to do next but to her relief, he walked outside briefly and shouted orders for his men to take Angelo away to his cabin and help him settle. Two men came in and grabbed both Angelo's arms and carried him outside the room.

Adele was hoping Francesco was not going to hurt her brother any more but it was too good to be true for her brother to be left in peace so she spoke carefully "Francesco."

Francesco walked to her "Yes. Sweetheart. What is it?"

Adele contemplated and spoke "Can I go to Angelo and see his cabin. You said I can visit him on daily basis. So I just want to know where he is going to be settled in."

Francesco rolled his eyes "Of course you can. Go there and then wait for me there until I come for you. We are going shopping today. Angelo packed your clothes last night and they are in that wardrobe in the corner. But I want you to have more clothes. Then maybe we can go out for lunch too. It would be our first real date after ten years." A weak smile came to his lips as he said this.

Adele couldn't of course bring herself to tell him the truth. She wanted him to know how she didn't want to be close to him just minutes after he had given her an account of what he had done to his brother and how he had kicked him in his painful knee. The thought of how Francesco had made Angelo suffer made her cringe. She shivered from the fear of what Francesco was capable of. Francesco misinterpreted her shaking form in the wrong way.

Francesco spoke "You are excited. Me too. It would be the first of our many dates. We should have been together all these years but my father and my uncle broke us apart forcefully. I swear, I would make them pay." He then turned to Costanzo "Make yourself useful. Will you? Take Adele down there and ask my men which cabin he is in. They will guide you. I will be down there minutes later. I just need to arrange the security I would be taking with us."

Costanzo nodded and walked to the door and spoke "After you Adele." As he was about to reach the door handle, he was stopped by Francesco's voice.

Francesco spoke "Wait there. A warning. Address her as Mrs Rosario when you are walking around the mansion. That's what everyone else is instructed to call her. You can call her Adele in private. I don't have a problem with that."

Adele turned to Francesco "But we are not married yet."

Francesco spoke "I don't care if we are married or not. You are my woman. They will call you by my name before our marriage and after our marriage."

Adele spoke "Why cant they call me with my own family name?"

Francesco spoke "Why should they? You are mine sweetheart. Besides I want the men who work for me know who you belong to and give you respect.

As Adele was about to protest, Costanzo spoke "After you Mrs Rosario."

Adele sighed and walked to the door but Francesco reached for her and pulled her towards himself. He spoke "Adele. Don't ever argue with me when I issue a direct order. Costanzo is my brother. He is like your brother too. He is actually a much more responsible brother compared to your biological brother by the looks of it. It doesn't bother me if you defy me like how you just did by challenging my orders to him. He knows me and he knows you. But you can't behave this way in front of anyone else. Do you understand sweetheart?"

Adele spoke "How was that defying you? I just asked you a question."

Francesco spoke "No. You challenged an order which was meant for Costanzo. You can never do that in public. Ever. Now tell me, do you understand."