38. Strange Moments

Francesco was carrying Adele in his arms through the long corridors of his mansion towards his room. He kept his stare forward but from time to time he kissed Adele at the side of her head and whispered "You will be fine sweetheart. Its ok." The words could only be aimed for assuring himself that she was going to be fine. The gesture was calming to him but unsettling to Adele who was fearful that Francesco was going to somehow see through her and fund out she was faking her condition. Pretending to faint was becoming harder as Francesco kept caressing her body.

As Francesco reached his room, he instructed the guard to open the door for him. He entered, put down Adele on the bed gently and closed the door. He walked to Adele and sat on the bed next to her holding her hand.

Francesco sighed " Sweetheart..... Just when we were getting somewhere you fainted. But don't worry Adele. I would help you get over him. It's not your fault. None of this is. It's all O'Connor's fault and he will pay for his sins.

Adele was listening to Francesco with pain and disbelief. How could Francesco not be satisfied with what he had just done to O'Connor. He was almost dead after his multiple non stop beatings he had suffered. Adele was finding it hard to hold her tears back now. She knew one tear on her cheeks could give it away that she was faking being out cold. She was afraid. What was Francesco going to do if he found out. Just as to her horror a tear escaped her eye, there was a knock on the door and she heard the angelic voice of Costanzo " May I open this door? I have brought Angelo with me."

To Adele's relief, she felt Francesco getting up and letting go of her hand.

Francesco turned to the door and instructed " Come in."

Costanzo slowly walked in and gestured for Angelo to enter and as Angelo stepped foot inside, Costanzo closed the door.

Francesco spoke " Well, Angelo. It seems like I have a use for you. I was in the middle of my work and suddenly Adele fainted. I need you to wake her up and tell me when she would recover. How long anyone need for getting better after they faint."

Angelo had his eyes down cast and spoke sounding unsure and quite nervous " I .... heard from Costanzo that you ..... tortured Michael in front of her while this happened. I would say she must be in shock so she would surely wake up in the next hour but she needs to recover for a couple of days."

Francesco spoke in a hard tone " Nonsense." and walked to Angelo who was panicking now as his boss walked to him. Francesco put his hand on his shoulder and whispered " Wrong answer Angelo. Adele is a doctor. She wouldn't be shocked at sight of blood. I want to get a true diagnosis. Tell me what's wrong with her really and how long she would need to recover for or face the consequences of failure."

Angelo still kept his eyes down cast and swallowed hard " This is the reason. It's one thing for Adele to see someone get hurt but watching anyone get battered within inches of their life and especially when the victim is familiar can cause shock."

Francesco pulled his hand away and Without warning punched Angelo in the stomach making him groan in pain. He bent forward holding his stomach that was already bruised and bandaged from previous beatings at Francesco's hands the day before.

Francesco didn't let him recover and grabbed his collar and pinned him to the wall. He spoke with threat in his tone " You tell me the truth. What is really wrong with her? This is impossible. Adele is a doctor. She shouldn't care less about blood. I didn't kill anyone in front of her to cause her to faint. Crying while watching a bloodied O'Connor is natural and understandable. No thanks to you and allowing her to walk around with that moron O'Connor, she has feelings for him. But fainting is unacceptable since I did not kill any one in front of her. I know for sure That's the only pain she can't bear. Watching someone to die. So, I need to know what is wrong with her. She is to be the mother of my children in a short while. I need to know if she is suffering from any disorders so I can get her the best treatment. You don't understand Angelo. If you give me the wrong diagnosis and something happens to Adele or even my future heirs she would be carrying, I would hold you responsible since you are the doctor treating her when needed from now on.. If you want to be held responsible for any possible health problems she experiences in future for todays fainting episode, then give me this crap diagnosis you just did. I dare you. Now treat Adele properly. I expect a detailed diagnosis by the end of the hour. Do you understand?"

A Mob Boss's First Love (Book 1 Of The New York Mafia Trilogy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें