31. His True Intentions

Adele couldn't believe Francesco's words. She was frozen in her spot for seconds after Francesco had bluntly disregarded her feelings. Francesco was taking her silence as a sign that she was content and this was the end of their conversation. He smiled and kissed Adele's cheek and pulled away "I have to get back to work. I would be done in fifteen minutes tops and then we can go back to the mansion and have lunch. Bye sweetheart." He then pulled away and took a few steps towards the door but Adele's voice stopped him "Wait."

Francesco turned around and walked to Adele. As he reached her, Adele raised her hand to slap Francesco. Her hand was within inches of Francesco's face when Francesco stopped her by gripping her wrist in his iron fist tightly. Francesco was looking at Adele with surprise and then his expression turned firm as he let go of her wrist. He spoke in a hard tone "Adele. Why didn't you tell me, you were going to hit me? Do you have any idea how close I was to crushing your wrist? I have very fast reflexes and react quick. You are lucky I stopped myself before breaking your wrist. I could have accidently hurt you. Don't do this again. Whenever you want to hit me, warn me first so I don't hurt you because of my fast reflexes. Now go on. I am ready for you. Hit me. I wont stop you this time since I know you may strike me. But Adele I really want to know why you want to slap me so badly? What have I done to upset you? Tell me sweetheart. What's wrong?"

Adele shook her head and started taking steps backwards from Francesco shaking with rage. She spoke with venom "How can you ask me what is wrong after you said all that nonsense. You broke my heart with your words. What are you doing? Don't come near me."

Francesco was walking slowly towards to Adele "Darling. Lets talk about this. What did I say that upset you?"

Adele's back hit the wall and she spoke "Don't. Please don't come closer. I don't want you near me. You said some hurtful things. You totally disregarded me from this relationship. How can you say that it doesn't matter how I feel? .... Stay away from me."

Francesco was in front of Adele now. He spoke "Sweetheart. Firstly. I didn't mean to upset you. You need to Calm down. Secondly, I said it doesn't matter how you feel about us but I also said I care about how you feel. I would do anything that I can to make you love me back but if you don't return my affections when I do my best to make you love me then do you blame me if I say it wont matter if you hate me? I know that you are not as ready for our relationship as I am. You are innocent. The thoughts about relationships and marriage that come across my mind doesn't even cross yours. For crying out loud, you haven't even noticed couples in cinemas who just make out from the beginning to the end of the movies. It happens all the time everywhere but you don't know about it because you can't even imagine such intimate contacts between two people. You are as innocent as the day I met you. You still blush and look away when you see me shirtless. You still bite your lip when I say something about marriage and having children that makes you nervous. I know everything. I know this is too much for you and I assure you sweetheart that I am willing to wait and give you some time. I am not ever going to be unreasonable with you in this relationship. I am giving you time to get closer to me and love me. I will give you as much space as I can within the time we have left until the day your time to get to know me would be up. If you don't even try to use the time I am giving you well then who's fault is that if you feel pressurised at any point when I decide to take this relationship one step further. It would be out of my hands how you don't respond to my love if you refuse to let me in. One day, you have to let go of being innocent. One day, I have to have you and have to marry you."

Adele spoke "Do you hear yourself? You see things the way no one else does. But before we discuss anything else you must clarify for me, what do you mean exactly when you say you have to marry me? No one has to marry anyone. You marry someone you love and if they don't love you back, they don't have to marry you. Why do you imply that you are obliged to marry me when you are clearly not. You don't have to do anything."