16. Life Changing Moments

It had been one week now since Adele had arrived in New York. Every day went by in exactly the same way. She slept in Francesco's room and Francesco was woken up by his alarm before dawn and left Adele at the window. He then made his way to the Mansion's grounds with Costanzo for their morning exercise. It put Francesco at ease to see his beloved safe in the balcony as she watched him as he did the usual push ups, sit ups and lifted some weights with Costanzo beside him which always ended with him doing his one hour run. He was truly fit in every way.

Adele's favourite part of the morning was breakfast in bed time. Luckily Francesco's father was not strict with meal times and she wasn't obliged to see him at the breakfast table if she didn't wish it which she was very grateful for. She was truly afraid of him. After breakfast she started the day by visiting her parents in one of the cabins where they were accommodated in before they were accompanied by Paulo Rosario's guards to a private hospital to stand by the Piero Rosario's side for the whole day. They were the family doctors in Paulo's eyes afterall.

The rest of Adele's day was of course spent in one of the game rooms in the mansion alongside Francesco, Costanzo and Angelo until dinner time and then bed time. The lucky part was Adele didn't see much of Paulo Rosario during the day either. He was either in his office or out in his business headquarters in centre of New York. He was the scariest man she had met beside none other than Piero Rosario.

That day Adele and Angelo were playing cards while sitting on sofas around a coffee table while Francesco and Costanzo were playing billiard on the biggest billiard table Adele had ever seen in the middle of the game room.

Adele sighed " I can't wait to go back to school. I can't believe how we are forced to spend our days waiting here hoping Piero Rosario would recover soon so we can go home again. I am so bored."

Angelo looked at his sister with disapproval " Adele. I don't see why you are complaining. It could be much worse. At least our family will be allowed to live. Awhile ago I thought I was going to die because of what our father had done. Remember how they took our parents and I to that cellar. I thought that cellar was going to be our grave but we were spared. They even let you see us for crying out loud. I think Piero Rosario didn't tell his brother everything about what our father has done completely. I think he made him out to be some doctor who was tricked by the FBI and voluntarily co-operated with him to catch traitors in his hospital's organisation. We both know that father was not tricked. He knew exactly what he was doing. He would have co-operated too if they hadn't asked for a one year long commitment since he was thinking of relocating us back to Los Angeles if things didn't work out after six months but no one knows that but us. So as you can see, Francesco's father does not look at our family like prisoners at all. Now you are sitting here complaining that you can't wait just a little bit longer for us to go back to our normal lives. There is not long left now. Now that Piero Rosario has woken up from his coma, all they have to keep him abit longer to make sure all is well with him. Mum and dad reckon he will be discharged either today or tomorrow and we will be leaving this mansion within days so stop complaining sister."

Adele spoke "I am not complaining. Its just that there is nothing here to do but wait. Sometimes I wish our parents had never moved our family from Los Angeles. We were much happier there. We didn't have to deal with any criminals and mob bosses. Also if we hadn't moved, then you didn't have to give your word to serve the Rosarios."

Angelo smiled "That is a small price. Besides I find it a blessing. I don't mind that at all. Piero Rosario told me I could choose who I worked for in this family when I became of legal age and I said Francesco. So I think if you trust Francesco, you wouldn't worry about this promise I have made. I would be taking orders from your future husband." He then winked at her.