7. Cruelty of Rosarios

Adele was confused. She didn't know why her life had to change so suddenly by moving from Los Angeles to this small town in Oklahoma. Francesco's possessiveness of her was really not understandable. He was way ahead for his age. Something was not right about him and she really didn't want to risk finding out what it was.

Running away from her problems was an option. She really was hoping that she could somehow by some miracle convince her parents to leave this town. But again, the hospital was run by the Rosario group. She was sure her parents could not just resign from that hospital. Besides, there was no way Francesco was going to let her slip away from his reach. There was no where to run. This was a small town and nothing went unnoticed so leaving town was out of question.

It had now been a month since Adele and her family had arrived to this town and everyday she had some kind of reminders from Francesco that she was his forever and he was acting like he meant it too. Francesco had created a terrifying atmosphere at school where all kids looked down or stared in a different direction whenever she walked towards them. The fearful looks and terrorised faces of girls and boys were all she could see whenever she stepped walked within school grounds. When she walked in any corridor, the crowed parted for her avoiding looking at her in the eye. She felt sorry for those in her classes. They were too petrified of her. No one dared sit next to her.

Suddenly her brothers voice brought her out of her thoughts as she was looking outside from her bedrooms window " What's the matter Adele. Why aren't you getting dressed? We need to leave for church in fifteen minutes. Have you forgotten its Sunday? Mum and dad are ready sitting downstairs waiting for you."

She sighed and turned around "I don't know. Do you think i could skip coming to church. Think of an excuse for me so I can tell mum and dad. I don't feel like leaving the house."

Angelo sighed "Look. You can't avoid Rosarios. You don't like seeing him with his family. I get it. His uncle gives you some strange look that makes you unsettled. But if you don't go to church I am pretty sure Francesco will show up at our house to see if you are ok. Why not come then."

Adele spoke "Damn it. You are right. I can see him totally come over. Angelo i am so confused. I don't know what to do. I don't like how everything is moving fast. I am now Francesco Rosario's girlfriend and I don't even know him. I am 14 for crying out loud. He is 15. Why is he acting so beyond his years. Why can't he just be like a normal 15 year old and just care about football. But no. He doesn't like football. He likes guns. He likes fighting."

Angelo sighed. " Look. It's nothing to worry about. I know its hard to get along with him for you since he is so ... violent. Just think of it this way. You can date him and then if it didn't work out you can break up with him. He is a descent guy. He would understand that when to back off and when he has gone too far."

Adele turned to his brother " He won't ever give up on our relationship. I am sure of it. He made it clear on the first day we met. He said I am his first love and .... Last with his most menacing and threatening voice. It was the scariest thing I have ever heard. He sounded like he meant it too."

Angelo spoke " Look. I don't think you need to be scared. You think he wont give up on you. But he has to one day. Francesco and Costanzo are only staying here temporarily. Who knows? They could leave tomorrow for all we know. Costanzo told me that once some problems back in New York are resolved, then they would go back home to live with their father again. So don't over think this. Your relationship with Francesco should be the least of your worries. You would only see him at lunch times in school anyways since he is a year older than us. What you should worry about really is staying top of your class academically and maybe join some extra clubs to secure a scholarship for college when the time comes one day for applying. But Adele take my advice. You must give Francesco a chance to show you what kind of a man he is. Don't give up on him just because his family is dangerous. So what? As long as he does not disrespect you or hurt you in anyway you would have nothing to complain about. He is honourable. He is dating you now but if you break it off I am sure he would be fine with it too. Italians don't force women to do anything. You should know that."