33. Intimidating Moments

Adele was sitting next to Georgina listening to her discussing the dresses in the catalogue. Georgina had a pen in her hand and was putting crosses next to dresses she thought Adele could ask Francesco to buy for her but Adele wasn't so pleased with her choices so far. It was now Adele's turn to look to Costanzo for help but he was keeping his distance watching them silently from across the room standing next to the window.

Adele could see no help was coming her way so she spoke " I think you have picked enough clothes as it is. You have picked the most expensive ones too. So I think it's time to stop choosing clothes."

Georgina raised an eyebrow " Expensive? Oh no. Don't let Francesco hear you say that word. He is very wealthy. The Rosarios are one of the most wealthiest business families in the whole country. I think the price tag is the least of your worries. But I think we can't stop yet. I need to pick you some dresses for the ball tomorrow."

Adele asked " Ball? What ball?"

Georgina spoke " Well. There is a Hollywood ball held in the city tomorrow night. Those who sponsor the movies somehow are invited too. Canavaros are invited since we own the firm that do alot of catering on a few movie sets. Rosarios are invited because they provided insurance on movie sets in a couple of movies last year. I saw the guest list when I went to check if the venue is secure enough for my brother and I to attend. So Adele, you really need a very nice dress and I pick this one." She pointed at a long black dress with sheer on top."

Adele sighed " But how would the dress arrive on time if this is from a French catalogue."

Georgina spoke " They have a branch in New York. Don't worry. You can collect the dress tomorrow. Now it's time to choose your jewelry."

Adele spoke " No. I have pearls given to me by Francesco already. That's enough shopping for one day."

Georgina spoke " How about the shoes you need? Wait, let me take a look."

Suddenly Antonio entered the room and closed the door soundly making Adele and Georgina jump.

Georgina whispered "Crazy brute" and she carried on looking through the catalogue and putting crosses next to the shoes she liked.

Antonio approached Georgina and sat next to her and reached his hand towards her leg and rested his palm on Georgina's knee. He whispered "You call me crazy? Seriously? You are the one who smuggled a knife into this mansion and attacked your lover with it right in front of Francesco."

Georgina turned to Antonio "Don't you dare call him my lover...."

Antonio shrugged "You got engaged to him three months ago."

Georgina gritted her teeth "I broke off my engagement the following week when I caught him in bed with another woman. I don't even count that as an engagement. As for bringing a knife into this place, you can't blame me. My father was assassinated yesterday."

Antonio spoke "Since when do you need a knife to defend yourself. Maybe you are not practicing your boxing enough. How about this. I offer you special lessons in self defense. I am here this week for thanksgiving. Why not drop by here tomorrow and I will do everything I can to help you."

Georgina spoke sarcastically "Wow. You are such a gentleman trying to help me. My self defense is fine. Thank you." She then turned to Adele "Here you go I chose a couple of pairs of shoes. One of them goes nicely with the dress."

Antonio spoke "Stop avoiding me. I was talking to you. I don't like it when someone ignores me. I said I will teach you some tricks to defend yourself. Are you interested in coming over tomorrow for me to teach you or not?"