An Unexpected Suprise

I opened the door to my room after giving a few girls we had rescued from a crew of pirates the orientation tour. The first thing I saw was the huge suitcase on my bed.

"Hylla? What's going on?" I looked to my older sister as she pitched clothing haphazardly into the bag.

Receiving no answer, I inspected the trunk's contents.

"Hy, that's my stuff. What are you doing?"

Hylla sighed and turned to me, flipping her ponytail over her shoulder.

"You're leaving."

My mind went blank.

Then it began to race.

"What? Why? Did I do something? Are you mad at me? Hylla, what's happening? What did I do wrong? Was-"

My sister held up her hand to stop me.

"I'm not supposed to tell you where you're going or what's going on, but I can tell you this: You aren't in trouble and I envy you."

My brow furrowed. "You envy me? You get to stay here, to continue to help out. I envy you, Hylla."

She shook her head. "You're getting a wonderful opportunity, Reyna. Stop whining and take it like an Arellano."

"Stop whining? I don't want to go, Hylla! If it's such a great opportunity," I made air quotes as I squared off with my sister, "Then why don't YOU go?!"

"I WISH I COULD!" Hylla yelled back, angry for some reason. "I WANT NOTHING MORE THAN TO SEE-" she stopped herself as someone cleared their throat from the doorway.

I turned. "Lady Circe." We dropped into graceful curtsies at the appearance of our rescuer and superior.

"Are you ready to go, Reyna?"

"Please, my lady, allow Hylla to go. I do not wish to leave my work here," I implored.

Circe smiled. "Unfortunately, it is not my choice. You have been specifically chosen for this. Stay safe."

"But where am I-" before I could finish, Circe snapped her fingers and I disappeared.

The last thing I saw was Hylla's jealous face before my world went momentarily black.

Next thing I knew, there was a bright flash in my face. On instinct I screwed my eyes shut.

"Miss Reyna Ramírez-Arellano?" A female voice asked.

I cracked an eyelid open to see a bored looking woman with a clipboard.

"That's me." I straightened my back and looked her in the eye. "Why am I here?"

"It'll be explained inside." The girl flicked her bright red hair out of her eyes.

"Holly, would you please switch with me?" Another girl from a door a little ways down the hall called.

"Not happening, Goldenrod! Go inside, Miss Ramírez-Arellano."

I bristled slightly at the condescending tone she used, but walked through the door.

Several pairs of eyes landed on me immediately.

"Hello." I said awkwardly.

"Hi...I'm Annabeth Chase," A blonde girl with striking grey eyes offered her hand, "You are?"

"Reyna. Reyna Ramírez-Arellano." I replied.

"Way to James Bond it, Rey-Rey," A boy with brown curly hair and bright blue eyes commented.

He doubled over in pain when I drove my fist into his stomach. "Don't ever call me that."

"Aw, Conner was just joking," Another boy that looked just the same as the one I punched tried to reason for who must have been his brother.

"I don't care." I snarled.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, no fighting please! At least not right now," We looked up to see a man in a pink suit with white wings sprouting out of his back. His hair was black and his eyes were a bloody red.

"Cupid," I said at the same time that Annabeth said, "Eros."

We looked at each other.

"You're Greek."

"You're Roman."

"And you're all demigods!" Cupid called with a smile.

"Why are we here?" I demanded.

"Because, Darling, this is showbiz!" Cupid said with a grin. A woman walked out from the door behind him and eyed us with a smirk.

"Eros and I are hosting a reality TV show on HephaestusTV for the enjoyment of the Olympians, myself included. You are all contestants. My name is Aphrodite, my Roman form is Venus."

I wrinkled my nose in disgust. The goddess of Love. Nothing good would come of this.

"What is this, the Bachelor for Bi people?" A pasty blond boy with pale blue eyes sneered.

"Close. You are all part of a dating show. The fun part is that there is more than one 'Bachelor.'"

"What does that mean?" Annabeth asked.

"It means, there's a group of people that's going to get to know all you lovely faces and each of them is going to choose one of you to date."

Um, what?

[A/N so I actually found a new ship that I like for this fanfic. Hold on to your hats, folks, if this goes the way I want it to, you're in for quite the roller coaster.]