SOME People!

"So how did your day go?" Lou Ellen asked.

"Horribly." I growled into my pillow.

"Details, please." 

"That 'mixer' or whatever it was called was torture."

"But you talked to Nico the whole time!" Gwen exclaimed.

"So?"

"He's definitely the hottest." Lou Ellen put in.

Annabeth, who had been trying to listen in without seeming obvious, scoffed loudly. We chose to ignore her.

"Whatever you say." I muttered.

"Really though, what was so bad about it?"

"Aside from Annabeth batting her eyelashes at Jason every chance she got." Gwen cut me off as I started to reply.

"Well, I did spill my drink all over Nico."

"That wasn't your fault." Lou insisted, glaring over at Drew, who was repainting her nails for what seemed like the 12th time in the past hour and a half.

"I still felt awful." I insisted.

"Contestants, the first elimination is in 20 minutes. It will be live to HephaestusTV, as was the mixer. Your dressers will be in to get you all changed."

I groaned. "I hope we don't have to wear dresses again."

"We do, but they're all uniform. Same dress for everyone, just different colors."

I rolled my eyes at Rachel. "How much you want to bet that Annabeth is going to show up with four pounds of makeup on and more gems than the royal jewels in England?"

"$20 bucks." Lou blurted out.

I grinned at her. "Done."

"C'mon everyone." Juniper said from the door. I could see several other stylists standing behind her.

Most of us got up and began to move towards the doors, but Annabeth and Drew kept talking loudly, not moving from their places.

"Uh... Miss Annabeth? Miss Drew?" Juniper said quietly.

"What?" Annabeth snapped.

"It's time to get ready." Juniper told her. The poor nymph was, ironically, shaking like a leaf.

"I'll get ready when I want to, thanks." Annabeth replied. Drew hopped up, ready to pimp and prim herself.

"Miss Annabeth-"

"No one cares!" The blonde snapped. 

I rolled my eyes and stood up. Walking over to Annabeth, I grabbed the back of her shirt and dragged her to her feet, then yanked her out into the hall.

"To whom does this belong?" I asked. Annabeth tried sinking her fist into my stomach, but I grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"Mine." A girl with chocolate brown hair and dark green eyes said, stepping forward.

"Here you go." I handed the enraged daughter of Athena off and looked over to Juniper. "I'm ready when you are."

She nodded and pivoted on her heel, walking down the hallway. I followed quietly.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked.

"As little makeup as possible or no makeup at all, the uniform dress, yours is purple, and black flats. Doesn't matter what kind."

I nodded. "Do Converse count?"

"No."

"Ugh."

Juniper glanced over her shoulder and smiled at me. "You'll survive."

"Are you sure?" I teased. "What if I trip walking in those dinky flats and fall down the stairs? Or what if my dress is too tight? What if I suffocate from lack of oxygen."

Juniper stopped at our door and turned to grin cheekily at me. "No offense, but there's not much there anyway. You'll be fine."

I glared at her and crossed my arms over my chest pointedly. "There is too something there!"

Juniper laughed and opened the door. "Get in here so we can get you ready. We won't do makeup, since I know you don't like it, and I'll find the most non-girly flats I can."

"You're a lifesaver!" I told her, flopping into the chair.

"How do you want your hair?" Juniper asked as she walked past, flicking my braid.

"Can you just redo the way it is now?" I played with the end of it.

"Sure... Can I put something in it?" She sounded almost hesitant.

"Depends what it is?"

"It's just this." Juniper handed me a little gold hairpin. I took and examined the thing.

It was a plain gold bobby pin with a tiny laurel crown on the end. Inside the laurel were four letters. 

SPQR.

"What's this?" I asked, pointing to the small piece.

"SPQR. Senatus Populusque Romanus or the Roman Senate and People. You're Roman, aren't you?"

"Well... yes." I said slowly.

"Then represent your people." Juniper took out my braid and quickly re-did it, her fingers moving deftly. Pulling back my bangs carefully, she took the pin from my fingers and slid it into my hair.

"There. Now put on your dress." She pointed to the corner.

I eyed the dress distastefully. It was a deep purple, which I was fine with, but it was strapless, short and just all around... girly.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes."

I groaned. "Fine." 

"The shoes are on the floor." Juniper informed me as I slipped the dress on. I had to admit it was pretty nice. The fabric was comfortable and the whole dress smelled like jasmine leaves for some reason.

I looked down at the shoes. "Well those aren't so bad."

"I knew you'd like them." She responded. 

The shoes were plain black ballet flats with gold stitching lining the openings.

"Check you out." Juniper said with a smile as I straightened up. 

Glancing at the mirror, I raised an eyebrow in surprise. 

"Wow." I looked pretty. And not in a bad way, or a way that made me want to change as fast as possible.

"Thanks, Juniper."

"Of course. Now knock 'em dead."

[A/N Reyna is the queen of life and no one can tell me otherwise. Then again, so is Hazel in my opinion... and Piper.... XD]