Possibly The Weirdest Day of My Life

I met up with Nico and Percy about ten minutes before I told my friends to meet us.

"This might be the weirdest week of my life." Percy muttered, tugging at his t-shirt.

"Get used to it." Nico muttered. "It's never going to be normal again."

"Just don't kill anyone. Or each other." I rolled my eyes, inspecting the blade of the sword I'd chosen off the wall.

"Yes ma'am." Percy joked. I elbowed him lightly in the side and he moved farther away from me, grinning.

Nico seemed fidgety, but when I asked him why, he wouldn't give me a straight answer.

It wasn't until Will walked in with my friends that I understood why. Nico had invited him.

"Kick their butts, Reyna!" Lou cheered. Gwen nodded enthusiastically.

I shook my head and laughed quietly.

"Normal sparring match, right?" Percy asked as we got ready.

"Yes." Nico responded.

"Rachel, call it!" I barked.

"You got it... Go!" She shouted.

Both boys leapt at me at the same time.

"Nice to know you consider me more of a threat than each other." I muttered as I ducked under Percy's swing and blocked Nico's, sending his sword bouncing towards his cousin's side.

Percy yelped and leapt out of the way. Nico attacked me again and I slipped sideways.

Our audience of four cheered and booed as different people attacked. Will was the only one rooting for Nico, and no one was cheering for Percy, but he didn't seem to care. If anything, his attacks got more aggressive because of it.

"Watch it, Jackson!" Nico shouted as he had to duck a swing that could have taken his head off, along with mine had I not stepped backwards. At least I had the advantage of having seen the attack coming in the first place.

"It's one on one on one, Nico, don't get too comfortable." He replied with that easygoing grin that never seemed to drop off of his face. It was one of my favorite things about hanging out with him, but right now I needed to ignore it.

Nico turned to attack him, which gave me an opportunity to tap the back of his neck lightly with my sword. "Dead."

Nico cursed under his breath and backed out. Percy and I dropped back a few feet and surveyed each other.

This was normal. I'd fought Percy dozens of times, we had a routine. We'd circle until someone broke step or attacked. It was pretty even as to who would mess up first.

"Oh come on!" Lou shouted from the sidelines.

"Shush." I replied, not taking my eyes off of Percy. I felt my foot hit a bump in the mat and glance down for a second to make sure there was nothing near me.

I sensed Percy pouncing forward and brought my sword up to block as I looked back towards him.

Percy let his sword bounce off mine and immediately slashed at my side. I barely got my sword into blocking position in time, and the harsh collision jarred my wrist. Resorting to a low blow, I kicked him between the legs.

At least I tried to. Percy twisted at the last second and my foot hit his thigh. It had the intended effect, just not as bad as I would have hoped. "Ow!" He staggered back and I took two paces backwards as well to catch my breath.

"That was the lowest attack you possibly could have tried." Nico called from the side. "Nice."

Lou and Gwen laughed. Percy finally got ahold of himself and his sword began to trace slow circles in the air as he stalked forward.

I stood my ground, watching him get closer. If he was trying to intimidate me, he was going to have to find a different way. I'd seen him happy too many times to be intimidated by the stare he was giving me. In fact, I found myself returning the glare.

"Good lord, just kiss already." Gwen said loudly.

Percy went red and I snorted. While he was distracted by her comment, I lunged forward and knocked his sword out of my way easily.

"Dead."

Percy nodded and dropped his sword, holding his hands up in a gesture of surrender.

"Go Reyna!" Rachel cheered. I laughed as I moved my sword away from Percy's neck.

"That's basically what happens when we spar. Sometimes Percy or Nico wins." I shrugged.

---------------------

"Percy?" I stepped onto the roof. He'd asked me to meet him there an hour after dinner.

"Hey, you came." I jumped at his voice. He was behind me, leaning against the side of the part of the building that jutted up for the door.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

Percy shrugged. "I dunno. I just didn't think you would." He pushed himself off the wall and grinned at me. "Nice fighting today."

"You too." I smiled. "You were favoring your left side though."

"Yeah, it's still a little sore."

"Sorry." I'd body-slammed him into a wall during a wrestling match.

"No need." He shrugs. "It was a good move."

I nodded. "So what did you want me to come up here for?"

Percy looked at the sky. "Well I thought there was gonna be a good view of the stars, but Zeus seems to be against me."

I looked up as well. Dark storm clouds covered the sky, blocking out any stars.

"He's against everyone, so it seems." I looked back to Percy and found him looking back at me. "What?"

"I came up here to see something pretty. And I definitely got what I was looking for."

I felt my cheeks heat up. "What?"

Instead of answering, Percy stepped forward and took my hand gently. Before I could ask him what he was doing, his lips were on mine, a kiss so soft and delicate it almost didn't exist.

[A/N ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) yep]